Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist in a bottle 2023 not showing up

We've been getting reports that some users are unable to access the Playlist in a bottle 2023 they made to be unlocked in 2024.

This is currently being looked into.

Hey folks!

We've checked with the team, and if you're not seeing the playlist for 2023, it's possible that you didn't lock in any songs in 2023 in order to get the experience in 2024.

We're unfortunately not able to say exactly why - It could be that the experience never got fully completed, an unexpected error popped up when finishing up, a confirmation was never sent or something else didn't go as planned.

However, rest assured that if you've locked the experience for 2025, you'll will be able to enjoy it next year.

Cheers!

Comments
skycuberrr

there's an option to go on playlist in a bottle on spotify, but when you click on it, it only goes to the hub where it says "your bottle has been sealed until 2025," there's no option to claim your playlist (the link you put also leads to the same hub)

NorTicUs

For future references, searching for "Playlist in a bottle" gives me both options :

- 2nd result is my 2023 playlist, created automatically a week ago

- 3rd result (Genre) is the go-to to create the new bottle

IMG_20240115_090746.jpg
helm0310

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17.2.1.
Spotify ver 8.8.96.395

What appears in the image is all that happened after I submitted my songs for playlist in a bottle 2025. The option to claim your playlist in a bottle created in 2023 never appears.

image0.jpg
Maria
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

In order to access Playlist in a bottle on mobile, you need to search for it and and then select the genre result. This should take you to the right place to view it and give you the option to claim the playlist.

If that doesn't do the trick, feel free to let us know the following:

Many thanks!

olive06

@Maria I am still experiencing the same issue after selecting the genre result.  

Spotify version : 8.8.96.395 

Model : iPhone 12 

iOS : 17.1.2 

helm0310

@Maria 
iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17.2.1.
Spotify ver 8.8.96.395

The fix provided does not work. The same issue still occurs. The video link provided shows exacly what happens once I enter the playlist in a bottle genre.

https://youtube.com/shorts/WExJIrIgb7M?feature=share

Maria
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey folks!

We've checked with the team, and if you're not seeing the playlist for 2023, it's possible that you didn't lock in any songs in 2023 in order to get the experience in 2024.

We're unfortunately not able to say exactly why - It could be that the experience never got fully completed, an unexpected error popped up when finishing up, a confirmation was never sent or something else didn't go as planned.

However, rest assured that if you've locked the experience for 2025, you'll will be able to enjoy it next year.

Cheers!

ie3_p57-wi0a

I know for sure my bottle was sealed and working as I checked it in mid 2023, so it definitely existed but it just isn't showing up 

The time capsule notification (2024) only showed once and when I was creating it, the app suddenly closed and never showed it again. Now I want to see the one from 2023 (that I saved last year correctly) and I can't find it anywhere.