Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast episodes in Queue not playing automatically

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports about podcast episodes not playing automatically one after the other in Your Episodes, playlists, Queue and the show itself. If there are 2 episodes queued one after the other, the second one gets skipped. If there are podcast episodes queued when playing songs, the podcast episodes are getting skipped. Some users report that when there's a podcast episode in the queue it will get skipped and will break the queue.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue!

We’re happy to confirm that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Klaeriti

Spotify version: 8.6.54.818

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S21 plus

I'm having a lot of the same issues that everyone else is having. I've reinstalled the app, restarted my phone, unchecked and checked auto-play and tried messing with the queue. Nothing has worked and it's really frustrating because songs auto-play fine, it's just podcasts. 

Olofpals

I have this same problem.... doesn't even play the next queued episode . It´s my favorite podcast app so this fault is very disappointing.  I also have problems with playing downloaded episodes when out of connection or on airplane mode, don't know if its related but happened at the same time. I hope you find a resolution otherwise I have to start to use one of the other crappy podcast apps.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra

Android version 11

Spotify version 8.6.54.818

Emjayay

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Google Pixel 2XL

Operating System

Android

Mine is doing this in every circumstance, including the Daily Drive and Daily Wellness playlists created for me. It will totally skip all of the podcast episodes and just play the music. This is only happening in the mobile app. The web player both thru my phone and desktop are playing the podcasts episodes like they should. 

Palindromida

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone Xs Plus/Windows 10 PC

Operating System

iOS/Windows

I have been struggling with this issue for about a week where the app won't play the next episode of a podcast. I have done a clean install on both my iphone and my computer and that hasn't solved the issue.

IngeBonestroo

EDIT - Problem seems solved now 🙂

Plan

Premium Family

Country

The Netherlands

Device

OnePlus Nord/Windows 10 PC (multiple, all not working properly)

Operating System

Android 11/Windows

I've been having this issue for a few weeks. As I listen to podcast 8+ hours a day, it is very annoying to browse to every single one itself and have it play. 

EDDIT: Now I also can't add episodes to my waiting list

22ev7e3g5sv6juo

hello all, the same problem is happening with me too, none podcast play from the queue list. Follow specifications about my device and app version:
Model Name: iPhone 12 mini
Software version: 14.7.1 (no updates available until today, august 20th)

Spotify App version: 8.6.54.1230 (no updates available until today, august 20th)

I recorded my screen and attached here the video (I can't add the video here, but you can find on the share on the URL: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Aui4Z9odP7Nf7XYi7A_OiH5EmpcC?e=kH8Fc6 ).

sportruby
The queue for podcasts starting working again today out of nowhere and
without an update to the app on my Galaxy S21.

CarlosE

Hey @22ev7e3g5sv6juo,

Thanks for your post.

Remember to add that info and your +Vote to this Ongoing Issue thread. We'll keep you posted about any news on this matter there.

@sportruby, thanks for letting us know about this. We're glad to hear that it was sorted out for you 🙂

Take care.

Apalog

Referring to my previous posts i can confirm, that the issue seems to be fixed. Queues and Podcasts work as expected for a few days.

Jeremy
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hi there folks,

Thank you for the information you've provided so far.

We've made some improvements and seen reports that it got fixed for some users.

Can you confirm how it works with version 8.6.54.818 and above?

You can make sure that you're running the latest version of by following the steps that's provided in this article

If the issue persists, can you let us know which version of the app you're running?

Thanks!