Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast plays previous episode instead of the next

Hello everyone,

We've received reports that people been having issues with auto playing podcast episodes from oldest to newest. Podcast plays previous episode instead of the next one.

Hey folks,

We've tested this on our and can confirm that the issue has been resolved, so we'll set this one to Fixed.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Psychospaz

I am still seeing this issue with Windows 10 PC. Spotify app.

Kiril

Hey @Psychospaz,

Thanks for posting here!

Can you share the exact Spotify version where this occurs for you (and if it still does)? It's also a good idea to check if your running with the latest available version of Spotify for your PC.

If in doubt, then it's worthwhile to perform a clean reinstall of the app, as this is more thorough than the normal one and ensures that no cached data will cause interference with the new installation of your app. See how this goes for you!

Also everyone else, feel free to report if this has or hasn't been resolved for you. Just come with full details of your platform and Spotify version, so we can report things forward 🙂

Thanks again and we'll be keeping an eye out for your replies.

freegamer

Still happens on Linux (version 1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819).

On CarPlay the episodes are always listed from newest to oldest even though on the phone they are sorted oldest to newest and therefore it also plays the previous/already listened to episode (version 8.7.56.464).

n4th

Hi @Dian,

I'm still having the issue with version 8.7.56.464 on iPadOS.

Thanks,

Nath

OscarDC

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact and for the info shared.

To continue investigating this further (in case you haven't done it yet), include in your next response the make, model and OS version of you the affected device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

Also, it would be great if you could also include a short video where we can take a better look. You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We appreciate the time you're taking reporting this issue, for your patience and cooperation.

We'll be on the lookout.

freegamer

@OscarDC thanks for for your reply.

It happens on Fedora 36 and Ubuntu 22.04 installed via snap (or flatpak, both are the same version 1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819).

I can imagine that the problem has not been fixed in the Linux version because it hasn't been updated since 27 April 2022 according to the snapcraft.io site (which is the official version according to your download page).

I have a video of it, but I can't upload a video (only link it) and I'm not willing to share my full name on a public forum nor my google account name.

cfchris

I'm using Spotify on Linux (channel: latest/stable) (version: 1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819)

This bug makes me want to USE A DIFFERENT PODCAST APP.

I'm trying to listen to a podcast series right now and every time an episode ends it plays the PREVIOUS EPISODE.

It's ridiculous for me to have to keep going back in and changing it to play the next episode.

Please fix this.

22rso2orodybjymoikxn

This is still and issue. For example if i play #2 episode of a podcast when it finished it will go back to #1 episode even though it is marked played. I will not go to episode #3 unless i manually do it but once #3 is done it will go back to #2. It also does not matter what filter is set or if its set to old to new or new to old. 

I talked to Spotify's customer service chat and it was useless. I kept getting transferred over and over to a new rep and having to explain the issue over and over. None of their suggestions solved the issues (Fresh reinstall, downloading the app from the windows store vs. downloading it from their website, logging in and out). It was a complete waste of time and this was months ago. They eventually just stopped replying to the emails and nothing got solved. 

At this point it seems like spotify + many other company's really do not care if you have issues with their apps or to actually resolve issues because people are still going to keep paying for it either way and that has been extremally disappointing.

jeffgreenlee42

Mac Mini M1   installed with Mac-OS Montery 12.5.1

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)
1.1.91.824.g07f1e963

Klee8

Podcasts play in reverse order on the podcast page. It's really annoying.