Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast plays previous episode instead of the next

Hello everyone,

We've received reports that people been having issues with auto playing podcast episodes from oldest to newest. Podcast plays previous episode instead of the next one.

Hey folks,

We've tested this on our and can confirm that the issue has been resolved, so we'll set this one to Fixed.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
tmc1989

This is only happening to me on Windows; I've never run into this problem on my iPhone or any Apple devices.

Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

Spotify for Windows 1.1.92.647.ga4397eb7

qimmer

Happens here on Linux (Snap) too.

Version 1.1.84.716.gc5f8b819

mrsm99

This is still an issue... It's driving me insane!

freegamer

It's kinda strange how an issue that seems so simple to fix, but entails huge usability problems on all platforms takes _months_ to fix. Really disappointing and makes you question the code quality, quality assurance and customer service of this software.

cmjordan

It's a little mind-blowing to me that this issue exists, let alone has persisted for months. There isn't a lot of functionality in Spotify when it comes to Podcasts, and *EVERY* Spotify user follows this workflow...

1. See new episode of followed podcasts under 'New Episodes'

2. Click the button to add it to 'Your Episodes'

3. Despite the expected behavior obviously being that it's added to the bottom of the queue, this newly added episode now pre-empts all other podcasts pending in 'Your Episodes'

This affects every platform that the Spotify client operates on, and I can't see how a viable fix is just to either:

1. Append, not prepend, the newly added episode to 'Your Episodes'

2. If that's for some reason incredibly complicated, have 'Your Episodes' play in reverse order

I just stopped using Google Podcasts and switched to Spotify so as to justify continuing to pay for Spotify... if there's no light at the end of the tunnel for this issue, I'm not gonna keep fighting against the Spotify app.

jaceliz

This is still happening. Both the desktop version and my app are up to date. As others have mentioned, when an episode finishes, Spotify will auto play the previous episode instead of the next one, even if that episode is marked "played" and even if the order is sorted. Sort of ridiculous that the prices keep increasing and yet easy fixes like this (it used to work fine!) go unfixed for 6 months.

polthelost

Happening on mac application as well

Kal8421

I will pile on.  Why hasn't this low hanging fruit been corrected?  This isn't complicated and is literally standard for any other podcast application.

FIX PLEASE!!

OscarDC

Hey folks,

Thank you for your patience.

We received some news about the relevant team and the issue is no longer happening after the latest update. In case you still have this issue, we'd recommend performing a Clean Reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article to make sure that the app is in the latest version.

If the issue still persists, include in your next response (if you haven't done it before) the OS version and Spotify version your currently running on your device.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

MihailY
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

We've tested this on our and can confirm that the issue has been resolved, so we'll set this one to Fixed.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!