Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium Student accounts showing as free in the app and web player

Hey,

We've received reports about the above issue which seems to be affecting all platforms and is happening mostly for users in the US.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
FourCape

Plan

Free/Premium Student

Country

Puerto Rico

Device

iPhone XS Max

Operating System

iOS 16.6

My Question or Issue

I finished the verification process to get the premium student subscription and after I paid for it I went to the app and it still says I have the free plan. I’ve logged out and logged in on various devices and they all say the same thing.

IMG_5164.jpg
IMG_5163.PNG
I just started my student plan, the verification went fine and it now says I have a student plan on my Spotify overview, but I'm not receiving any of the features. My account still functions like a free account, even after logging in and out. I also can't set up a Hulu account either, it's not an option anywhere. What is going on?
AS225

I can't help you, but I'm having exactly the same problem. I went to the support forum to ask the same question, actually.  I'm hoping it's some sort of problem they're working on, if it's now affecting at least two of us? 

Picklessss
when i go on my account is says its a free subscription but i started my student subscription today. i have logged in and out multiple times.
Maxim

Hey @FourCape,

Thanks for reaching out.

Please head to your Account Overview and check if it shows Premium under "Your plan". If it does, please use the username that is displayed on that page to log into the Spotify app 🙂

Let me know how it goes.

percijun

Exact same thing is happening to me! I've even tried logging out of everything, waiting a bit, and logging in using my email instead of my username, nothing is making it update!

FourCape

On the website it says I have it but not on the app

Maxim

Hey @FourCape,

Thanks for letting me know.

In that case, please head to the Settings in the Spotify app and click on Account. Does the username shown there match the one displayed on the Account Overview page?

Sandyss

For me it literally tells me the student discount is applied right, its free for the first 3 month but it's not working on my Spotify at all, like I still get ads, can't even change the music and only get 6 skips, I'm so confused I don't know what to do, it said I was eligible and everything but it's not working! 

MihailY
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.