Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify stops playing after an ad

We've received reports that Spotify pauses after an ad and the playback cannot be resumed. This seems to affect multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and TV.

The behavior is currently being investigated.

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Top Answer
MihailY

Hey everyone,

Thank you again for sharing the requested details.

All reports have been forwarded to the team investigating this, however, they're still having difficulties tracing the root cause and need your help. 

For this you'll just need to confirm you're willing to participate and share your device details if you haven't already. If you have, just share your current Spotify app version so we have the most up-to-date info.

Once you've done so, we'll post a confirmation in the thread that your account is being monitored by the devs and you'll need to reproduce the issue again giving us the timestamp of its last occurrence.

Hopefully, this will allow the team to spot the error and fix it.

Looking forward to your replies 🙏

Comments
tikvochka75

When playing music from Spotify via Chromecast from the phone to the speaker, the music stops during the com

mercial. I use the Bose 500 speaker. Help me solve the problem.

Nonthegod

So you can't find a fix for a problem that makes the app completely unusable for free listeners? How convenient. Check my account. I've been a paid listener for like a decade, I'm erasing this app from my phone, computer, and tv. To everyone having this issue, it's happening because they are trying to force people to pay a monthly subscription to use the service because it makes more money than ad revenue. Spotify being greedy ultra capitalist trash. I hope someone smarter and better connected than me finds a way to file a class action for predatory business tactics against spotify. I'll be paying for a youtube music sub I. The meantime.

WhistlertheX

The bug also appears for Premium users, which is twice as annoying as you pay for an apparently year old bug. 

When a Podcast decides to play ads despite premium, it always pauses and breaks the replay on my Galaxy Fold. Especially dangerous during driving. 

Any updates on the fix @MihailY

ImMissTess

I've had the same issue for months now. They REALLY need to fix this asap.

No mulla on sellainen ongelma että spotifai näyttää koko ajan maanantaipäivää vaan eikä näytä keskiviikopäivää vaikka pitäisi ja ei varmaan näytä torstaipäivää eikä perjantaipäivää eikä viikonloppunakaan 

cd11

Same issue. Very annoying when listening to Chill Spanish Listening - as each episode is only 5 mins. Means I can’t listen in the car. 

rjtsauer06

Hi Luan,

This solution does not work. I have done a re-install of the app as you suggested and this does not fix the problem. 

Just yesterday, I was listening to "Crime Town" podcast - episode ended and I listened to about 3 minutes of advertisements. Then the next episode began - the time looks like the episode is playing but NO SOUND. What is extra annoying is that when you close the app and restart it, you have to listen to the ads again before the episode plays properly. I am thinking there is an issue with your coding for how the ads interact with the episodes. The app version says 8.9.70.592 - I'm listening on an iphone 13

After a song is done it doesn’t go to the next track to play, if an add appears, once the add is finished it doesn’t go to the next add or go to playing songs, it stays on the finished add and I have to close the app and play it again. nothing is working, I tried resetting router, I closed the app, I logged out, I created a different profile, I reset my phone, I changed password, I did it all.
lionheartkc

I seriously don't get what Spotify is doing. They switched from audio to video ads on my Roku app and everything worked perfectly. There were no issues for a long time. Now, suddenly they are back to audio ads and it locks up every single time an ad plays.

You fixed it. Don't break it again.