Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify stops playing after an ad

We've received reports that Spotify pauses after an ad and the playback cannot be resumed. This seems to affect multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and TV.

The behavior is currently being investigated.

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
choccroc
They've given no feed back for this issue at all! The hideen message is
"There's no commercials if you pay for the subscription"
sprode

I also keep getting "network errors" while trying to switch to something else, like a playlist, album, or even individual track. And it is definitely related, as it is happening when hung up on an ad.

I'm sure they're doing a whole lot of investigating... kek

blublu69

We've been putting up with Spotify pausing on every advert for 4 or 5 years now. We've re-installed, updated, it happens when playing through my phone, my Mac and even when my wife plays it through her phone on my account. It happens if we play through Sonos or a BlueTooth speaker or directly from the computer. On coming to an advert, for example, Paddy Power, the Paddy Power icon will appear and the play/progress bar moves along the timeline to the end then stops but nothing actually plays while it does this. We have to then pause it (because it still thinks it's playing) and then press play again, at which point the adverts start playing and the songs resume once more until the next advert cuts out again.

Drives us mad.

Nita_573

Plan

Free

Country

Switzerland

Device

Lenovo L13 Yoga (Laptop)

Operating System 

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I was playing my Favourite songs and then the Mc Donalds Ad came up and wont play and i cant skip it or anything. I tried by closing the app and reopening but wont do anything and i cant do anything on Spotify exept for listening my Favourite List it will just say that my WiFi is not working but it is and its the 2nd time it happend and i could never listen to other songs than the ones on my Favourite list (i cant listen other playlists or songs or search or do whatever, i can only listen my favourite list)

Malonedogg5

Everyone just start creating new threads to report the same issue. Maybe Spotify will actually do something when there’s 100 different reports of this happening that aren’t hiding in one thread. 

Liefy

Still a random issue. 

Darbro

• Your device's make, model and OS version.
    • HP Envy x360 2 in 1 laptop 13 bf0xx
    • Its on Windows 11 Home version 22H2
  • The version of Spotify you're running.
    • I am using the website version so no missed updates there
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.
    • I have tried logging out of Spotify and logging back in.
    • As i'm using my laptop I can't use a different network.

MihailY

Hey everyone,

Thank you again for sharing the requested details.

All reports have been forwarded to the team investigating this, however, they're still having difficulties tracing the root cause and need your help. 

For this you'll just need to confirm you're willing to participate and share your device details if you haven't already. If you have, just share your current Spotify app version so we have the most up-to-date info.

Once you've done so, we'll post a confirmation in the thread that your account is being monitored by the devs and you'll need to reproduce the issue again giving us the timestamp of its last occurrence.

Hopefully, this will allow the team to spot the error and fix it.

Looking forward to your replies 🙏

Crazylola47

I posted my information back in January and I am willing to participate and will Post the next time it happens with the timestamp,. Current version is 8.9.19.571 

DennisYYC
I am willing to assist as this has been such an annoying problem for a very
very long time. Please advise as to what you need me to provide. I had
posted all of my information in my original post and it is still all the
same other than I have the latest versions of your App on iOS.

I am very pleased you are now going to investigate and hopefully resolve the
issue.