Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

What's new section isn't fully updating

Hey folks!

We're seeing that some of you are experiencing issues with the 'What's new' section. It seems that only a few artists show up on the list and it's not updating completely.

Hey everyone,

The team investigating this has made some changes backstage. Can you check again and let us know how things are looking on your end?

Cheers,

Comments
erapinchuk

I pay for Spotify and use it on my iPhone. I use the “What’s new” tab everyday to see what’s been released from the artists that I follow. I noticed it stopped working correctly. It either doesn’t show the new releases from today (4/19) or sometimes when I go to it, one album will show up when I know there is a lot more that just came out. But it always is changing and not showing the same stuff when I keep checking it. Why is this not updating correctly?

Ivelina

Hey @erapinchuk,

Welcome to the Community!

To get a better understanding of the situation, we'd like to ask some additional questions if you don't mind. 

Did you recently notice that the What's new section stopped updating correctly? Has this happened before and have you tested on another device to see if more/other content would appear there? 

For example, if you go to an artist's profile that you follow and check the newest album released there, do you also see this newest album in the What's new section? Keep in mind that it can take some time for the tab to update with this info. 

Lastly, could you clarify what you mean by that it always is changing and not showing the same stuff when you keep checking it?

It'd be great if you could also share what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far so we can avoid repeating any.

Thanks and we'll be on the lookout 🙂

CptGradeA
When I have new music I know has released and can see it on my spotify it doesn't show up in what's new so i'm probably missing a lot of releases
CptGradeA

The what's new tab has started to not show bew music even if I know there is, sometimes takes up to a day for it to update.

Pucekaustyn

This is happening to me as week for approximately 2 weeks now and ive missed out on so much

AlejaR

Hey there @Pucekaustyn,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, and just to confirm, have you tried some troubleshooting since this started to happen? If you haven't, we'd suggest you start with the following:

• Performing a clean reinstall of the app. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date, and you can make sure some damaged cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.
  • Logging out and logging in twice in a row onto your Spotify account on the affected device. This could sound a little bit odd, but this way the system will force a resync of your account in general.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes after a couple of days.

If this issue should persist after trying that, we'd like to gather some additional info, so please send us the following:

• Make/model and OS of the affected device.
  • Exact Spotify version you're running there.
  • Did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

Brandonsfacepodcast

Premium

USA

Device

Google Pixel 6 Pro

Operating System

Latest android

My Question or Issue

The What's New tab is not showing the new releases at midnight like it used to. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix for this? I cleared cache, restarted the app, checked for updates and restarted my phone. None of these fixed the issue.

RainVatir

Plan
Premium

Country
United States

Devices
iPhone 14 Plus
, Desktop Computer

Operating System
iOS
17.4.1, Windows 10

Spotify Version

My Question or Issue
So I don’t follow too many artists
, definitely under 100, so the amount of “What’s New” notifications I get is pretty low every week. But what I noticed today, since a TON of artists were dropping that I follow, is that half of them didn’t even show up in the what’s new section even though I follow them. To be more specific, Stray Kid’s new single with Charlie Puth, Glaive’s new single, Ice Spice’s new single, and Charli XCX’s new single.

I’m aware sometimes they’ll actually say they were released 1
-6 days ago instead of tonight for whatever reason, but they’re not anywhere to be seen even though I follow ALL of them. All I got was Megan Thee Stallion’s new single and single’s EP, MILLI’s new single, and Gloria Groove’s feature. I’d really like to understand why this is happening because I don’t want to miss out on something releasing from one of my favorite artists if I’m not actively checking in on them. Thanks!

Update before posting: wanted to send attachments showing this, but couldn't figure out how to get around, "The attachment's spotify 2.png content type (image/png) does not match its file extension and has been removed," so didn't, but can provide somehow if an alternate way is necessary.

Elanius

I would like to add I have the same issue. I can see the same happening on my Android phone (on latest update). And my computer too. Spotify up to date and the What's New section not working. Considering the price for Spotify is constantly going up, the service itself is getting worse. 

vaajy

I have the same issue. It shows it after 3 hours later. Many sleeping at that time. Problem on Android and Windows apps.

As well bug.

They offer to podcasts any option, like add to podcast list etc. Music they make hard to consume, no other option than add to library. To add to playlist you need to open each track on mobile to do so. They don't like us listening music??? I pay for listening music.

Not podcasts!!! Add to playlists and Add to Queue needed not only in podcasts!