Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Cover art + track title is "stuck" on the first track played on BMW head unit

Track titles and cover art is not displayed correctly on BMW (2015) when playing through Bluetooth or the USB interface in the center console.

Symptom: Music plays and it is possible to switch tracks, but the cover art and track title is "stuck" on the first track played. It played great in the past and playing well with other music apps.

Device

(iPhone Xs) Running version 13.3.1

Car: BMW X6M 2015

Hey folks,  

We haven't had any updates for you all in a while and in the interest of keeping this thread updated for other users stumbling upon it, we'll go ahead and mark it as Won't Fix for now. 

Rest assured that we've passed on your reports to the teams around this. This is a very specific issue to this particular device setup with BMW head units and seems to be affecting only a smaller subset of users. However, if you're experiencing something similar but on a different head unit, we'd recommend starting a separate thread here so we can take a look. 

Keep in mind that this doesn't eliminate that a future update of the app could improve things for you, so keeping the app always updated is a great idea.

We do appreciate you taking the time to add your comments in this thread! If we have any further updates for you regarding this, we'll make sure to share them in this thread with you.

Comments
lazur-e

@Katerina - this thread might have been originally for BMW head units but I have seen several people here (including me) that have the same issue with cars/head units of other brands as well. So I don't think it's fair to close this issue as BMW specific. 

I did however manage to at least reduce the number of times I run into this by reinstalling the Spotify app. It still happens occasionally (on my Ford w/ Pioneer head unit) but much less so since the reinstall.

Kart2r

Spotify has been dealing with this problem for the past year and is not interested in solving it.
I tried for a few days with "Apple Music" on my BMW X3 2017 with my iPhone 11 Pro Max and I no longer have problems! Covers and names are displayed correctly when played. I missed that simple comfort!

I wanted to trust and wait (more than a year) for Spotify but, I see that they are not interested in taking care of the client.

I just canceled "Spotify Premium Familiar" and I subscribed to "Apple Music Familiar" (a little cheaper in the same modality for 6 members and they have 3 free months of courtesy!) A little time to create the playlists again, but it was worth it every second.

I got tired of trusting Spotify. Bye Bye

Dear Spotify,

I am a Premium user and this bug also affects me. It's sad to see that after a whole year, there has not been any solution. Maybe we can find one together.

Car: Ford Fiesta 2011 (MK7)

Smartphone OS: Android 11

Spotify Account: Premium

Steps to reproduce the problem:

- Start car radio

- Wait for music to automatically start playing, or manually start playing a song

- Correct metadata (song title, artist etc.) is displayed in the car's display

- Skip songs a few times in a row (either by car keypad, or on the smartphone)

- Spotify will correctly skip the audio to the new songs, but will not refresh the metadata (song title, artist etc.); they will be stuck on the song that was played first

As I mentioned, I'm on the latest Android version (Android 11) with all updates installed, so this really shouldn't be happening.

I hope this will give your programmers enough insight to reproduce the problem and come up with a solution.

Thanks a lot!

drftorres

I started using YouTube music and problem solved

Rborr002

I have the same issue on a Samsung with a 2020 Toyota. I usually have to restart the phone for it to start working again. It then it will only be a matter of time that it starts happening again. It also doesn't even matter if i am connected to Bluetooth. According to Spotify I have been listening to the same song for a few days now since the title gets stuck on the app as well. Im not able to accurately see what song is playing. 

cjantz88-us

2015 BMW 740Li

Idrive

Iphone 12 ios 15.4.1

spotify 8.7.26.1172