Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Unable to play songs from Search in playlists

We've received reports from iOS users who can't play songs from Search in playlists. Scroll through the playlist and tapping the song works fine. This is being investigated.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to announce that this should now be fixed for everyone! Note that you may need to log out from the app and sign back in to your account for the changes to take effect, so make sure to give it a try, if you haven't already.

In case you're still having trouble you can post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a good one!

Comments
Santiagohc28

Plan: premium 

Device: IPhone 12 

I can't hear a song when I search for it in the search bar of my playlist, please fix it as soon as possible as it's a feature I use a lot and I really like Spotify but if it doesn't fix it I'll have to change the service.

Trykid08

Model and iOS platform

Iphone 14 pro 16.4.1

spotify version 8.8.30.499

10:34 am-11:23 pm 4/30/23 (central time)

Spotify has been buggy since this morning and most of my songs have been unavailable and I can’t play anything from my search it’s almost like nothing is on my screen I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still hasn’t fixed my issue I have done everything it said to do and I’m still having the same issue I also cannot add any songs to my playlists anymore and it all started this morning 

31nmt4ct2pw74vjlfflk

Plan: premium 

Device:iPhone 13 pro max 

iOS: 16.4.1

Issue: When I try to search through a song in my playlist, I am unable to click on the song. I have to manually scroll and pick the song there. I have tried logging out and deleting the app but nothing seems to work. 

Tob1as

iPhone 11 - IOS 14.6.1

Every time I search for a song in my playlist, I click on that song and nothing happen. Even the three dots are unable to use too:( 

Hayley4605

New update doesn’t allow you to search an artist in your playlist and select the song you want to play! 😡

fatherdayz

I had an iPhone 11 when I noticed the issue and got a new phone this Sunday (iPhone 14), hoping the Spotify search issue would even fix itself but it didn’t. So it’s definitely Spotifys broken system..

I am not able to click on the song whenever I manually search up a song in my playlist which is incredibly inconvenient because then I have to scroll to try and find that song. I’ve been having this issue since Friday, April 28th morning. I had spoke to an advisor Friday saying this issue would be fixed the following day but it hasn’t…. From what I’m seeing in this comment section is we’re all in the same boat. 

2ajqj6lx59kmlpxke7wz

Plan 

premium

Country 

United States of America 

Device

iPhone XR

Operating System

ios 16

Date of Occurrence 

Friday 

Once spotify updated my account would not allow me to play songs when I searched for them in my albums 

sebastianlollos

I can't play songs or click the 3 dots when I search them up in my playlist. When I try to queue songs I search it plays the wrong song most of the time. I can interact with songs normally if I scroll through my playlist, but that's it. This issue has been happening for a few days. I have a brand new iphone 14 plus with the most recent ios.

31nmt4ct2pw74vjlfflk

Along with not being able to play songs when I search them up in my playlist, every time I attempt to queue a song it plays the wrong song. I can use my songs normally if I manually scroll. 

havenleigh

I had the same problem as you guys, but the clean reinstall method fixed the issue! I recommend you all do the same 😃