Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Wrong podcast episode played from Search

We've received multiple reports that when a podcast episode is played from the Search bar, another episode gets played instead of the one selected. This is happening on iOS devices.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your posts and the info you've provided. 

We've received word that this issue should now be fixed in the latest app release. If you haven't already, please update your app to Spotify for iOS version 8.8.36.

If you're still experiencing this issue, there is also the following workaround: Playing the episode directly from the search results, or by adding the episode to Your Library and playing from the library. If the issue persists, let's recommend utilizing the web player for the mean time.

Cheers!
Comments
Kk130

Changed password, re-installed twice and I´m still having the same problem. iPhone 13 and latest updates. 

I changed apps and started listening through another service yesterday- just couldn´t get it to work on Spotify. Please fix this asap. 

Justfixtheproblem

Same issue. iPhone 12. Reinstall and logging out doesn’t fix anything. 

Eni

Hey folks,

Thanks for sending us this info. 

@bkope11, @M139381, @Kk130, @mac992 could you send us the exact info @Dian asked for previously? You can find the exact Spotify version of your devices by following the steps here. Make sure to let us know the exact device and OS version you're using as well. 

@MadSc13ntist, @Emhanford thanks for all the info you've sent so far! 

We'd like to investigate this further. 

Cheers! 

mattin603

Same thing happening to me. iPhone 13 Mini. Ver 8.8.32.533

mac992

Spotify version : 8.8.32.533

device: iPhone 13 pro

ios: 16.1.2

allpigsmustdie

I have the same issue and reinstalling just led me to **bleep** ton of data redownloading playlists without solving the issue. Spotify is so **bleep**ing garbage, always some stupid issue like**bleep**.

Kk130

iOs 16.4.1

iPhone 13 Pro

lemmeadam

Exact same issue as already reported. I'll add this is only an issue on the mobile app. The desktop app works fine. I can search for and start a podcast episode on the desktop app and then switch devices for it to play on my phone, but this is obviously not ideal. 

iOS 16.3.1 

iPhone SE 2020 

bkope11

Spotify 8.8.32.533

iOS 16.4.1

iPhone 11 

GrootieZ

Exact same issue running version 8.8.32.533