Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"My Shazam Tracks" playlist doesn't sync/add all shazamed tracks

Plan; Premium

It's the same on all my devices - whether Apple or Android 

My Question or Issue

I've been using the automatic sync function where songs I have shazamed show up automatically in the 'My Shazams Playlist'. They stopped syncing so I followed the advice on this community of disconnecting the two, deleting the playlist on Spotify, then reconnecting. I've done this 3 times now.  However the playlist on Spotify only shows 94 songs whereas I've Shazamed 147 songs. And the songs that don't show up seem random - it's not that the first ones don't show or that certain albums don't show. For example I shazamed 3 songs recently from the same album on the same day and only one shows in Spotify. Any ideas? 

Hey everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

• iOS

This should now be fixed for all iOS users with the release of Shazam v 14.2. Just make sure your Spotify and Shazam apps are updated to the latest version.

Note that past Shazams will no longer sync to Spotify as part of the ‘Sync Shazams to Spotify’ feature. We have however improved the syncing to find and add more of your new Shazams to the ‘My Shazam Tracks’ playlist.

You can find out more on how to use Shazam in conjunction with Spotify on iOS in this Spotify Answer.

• Android

The relevant team is still looking into possible solutions for AndroidWe're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Keep in mind that in the meanwhile, you can manually add tracks you Shazam to your "My Shazam Tracks" playlist.

Thanks again!

Comments
attackmonkeygo
I’m with Apple, they don’t **bleep** about their own users anyway.
ZTaemur

Android issue still there as of today. I have tried ALL suggested solutions none work including the one which suggested uninstalling both software apps Spotify and Shazam and reinstalling them and reconnecting and still the my Shazam playlist does not reappear in Spotify

Both Spotify and Shazam need to work together on resolving this for the benefits of all their customers and urgently!

ig05-_8neox00

Garbage app. Unsubscribing.

maxartist23

It's not syncing. This issue has been going on since forever. Why isn't it fixed by now??????????

priyajjain

why not fix for Android uers?

rm501

It's broken again on latest iOS 16.3 with latest Spotify and Shazam versions.

In a help thread by Ivan in march 2021, he details the process of syncing shazam with spotify.

While I can connect the two apps, the sync option he mentions is simply absent. Nothing helps including a reinstall of both apps. Has this feature simply been removed by Apple?
CrazyKiwi1

I think I know why it’s happening.

although I don’t know the solution, when I try to shazam through the app itself it’s working perfectly, and when i am using the iOS shortcut (from the control center), nothing happens.

Tell me if it’s the same for you, that’s pretty annoying cuz using the iOS shortcut it’s much faster..

disc_count

The iOS shortcut only provides me with a banner notification of the song. If I go into my Shazam account to look up the history, none of the Shazams from control center are recorded. I brought this up with Apple support and they sent the problem to their engineers and I never heard back...but I think for some reason the control center button is not tied to your Shazam account at all, which – if it is how they intentionally designed it to function – is very unclear to the user. I lost a few years worth of Shazams because of this. My guess it that if they aren't being recorded in Shazam, they probably aren't being recorded in Spotify either if using that control center route.

SoSoJuicy

October 2023... The issue still persists on Android and Windows. The "My Shazam Tracks" playlists does not sync properly, it only contains 98 tracks while my shazams are over 1400..

When will this be fixed?