Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

"desktop_login_accounts:3" error message when trying to log in

Hey folks,

Users are seeing the above error message when they try to log in on the desktop app. There's no issue on the web player and mobile.

For some this was resolved by changing the default browser in the system settings.

Hey folks!

This issue should now be resolved 🙂

If you're still experiencing it, restart Chrome and then download the latest app version of Spotify from spotify.com.

Let us know in case you face any difficulties. Cheers!

Comments
osornios

Hola @ 

El código es un error de conexión que significa que el cliente de Spotify no pudo comunicarse con los servidores de Spotify. Normalmente, esto significa que su conexión está siendo impedida por un firewall u otro software de seguridad, pero también puede deberse a otros factores. Podrías intentar conectarte usando una red Wifi diferente, solo para ver si es un problema local o de red.

Espero sea de ayuda. 🙂

Maria

Hey there @Ilya__Invisibly,

Thanks for reaching out on the Community!

Just to confirm, does this only happen when you're trying to log in to the Web Player? Does it happen in an a different browser or when using an incognito window?

Also, are you seeing the same error message on any other devices that you use Spotify on? Could you check if the same thing happens when using the desktop or mobile app?

If possible, we recommend giving a different internet connection a shot as well, to see if you notice any difference.

Let us know how it goes.

balOS

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Mac OS Sonoma 14.3

My Question or Issue

I just reinstalled Spotify's desktop app on a new Macbook but keep getting Error code: desktop_login_accounts:3. 

balOS

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Laptop

Operating System

Mac OS Sonoma 14.3

this worked for me on mac, too! 

andreyeu

I did the opposite- copied from Chrome, into Edge, and it worked. LOL.
Thank you

evn2

I'm currently having an identical problem-- I got logged out of my desktop's Spotify app, and now every time I try logging back in, I get this error. I've tried everything; I uninstalled & reinstalled, I changed my password, I turned off my adblocker, I even skimmed through my firewall to see if anything was blocked. Nothing I tried worked. I can still log in on the website and through the phone application, but the second I attempt to log in through my desktop application, it provides the error. 

spotifylogin1.png
spotifylogin2.png
aa285

How to fix, it  work for me 
change brower login  to continue on u app   / go use microsoft edge 

Pues no me deja iniciar porque me aparece un codigo de error que es (desktop_login_accounts:3) entonces no entiendo, porque pues cuando yo ingreso desde el telefono o desde la web entro normalmente pero cuando estoy en la app de escritorio me pasa eso, aparte que pues ya reinicie el pc y aún nada.
Ilya__Invisibly

I tried to log into the desktop application, which confirmed me through Google Chrome Canary and it didn’t work, and I tried to do it through Edge by setting it as the default browser and it worked. / Я пытался войти в десктопное приложение, которое подтверждало меня через Google Chrome Canary и у меня не получалось, и я попробовал это сделать через Edge поставив его браузером по умолчанию и у меня получилось.

Nicoyee

Changing the Default Browser worked for me as well. From Chrome to Edge. I imagine CBGX's solution would work as well since I'm quite positive this is a Chrome related issue