Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Gear S3 - Shuffle/Save/Repeat Not available offline

Re: Gear S3 - Shuffle/Save/Repeat Not available offline

nocturno03
Regular

New Iphone and IOS, but still the same issue....This is not "workes as designed" but a faulty app. It cann't be that difficult? The shuffle function should only play downloaded music when you have selected offline. When is Spotify going to fix this?....Happy Newyear!... 

pshep123
Casual Listener

I'm using a Gear S3 for long runs and the inability to shuffle a Playlist basically makes the Spotify app useless. There is no good reason NOT to have this functionality and even less of a reason to BLOCK existing functionality while offline!

Please fix soon, this should take a good dev about an hour to update.

HZ3

Same problem as well!!! And I must say, this is very irritating....30minutes running and then repeating the same song everytime....grrrrrr...
And I buyed the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier because then I could use offline mode of Spotify to listen to my favorite music when sporting. I am a very happy user of Spotify with all my Apple equipment (iPhone, iPad and MacBook). 
Hope to get an updated version of Spotify very soon for the Samsung Gear S3.....so that I can play. Now the Samsung Gear S3 is like garbage for me.

Tip: Also it would be good to increase and decrease the volume on an easier way.

nocturno03
Regular

Hi,

Does the shuffle work off line on your Iphone? It doesn't work correct on my Iphones (5&6). I think because shuffle in combination with offline mode doesn't work, somehow spotify wants to shuffle through songs which are not downloaded. I would say this should be fixed, but no response frome Spotify.

Ojacobs88

Agreed - overall a great program but the shuffle and repeat features are so Important for offline play. Such a shame this simple feature isn't available!!

Spotify, when will this feature be enabled?!

lliam182
Casual Listener

Please fix this Spotify. The app is currently useless for running or exercise, which is the your entire market for the wearable offline mode.

If there's shuffle then there's no point in having offline mode.

nocturno03
Regular

I think the problem is clear ( on IOS & Android). Why does Spotiy  not answer/ react?

Maybe we should shoot this in as an Idea? I saw similar ideas, but not exactly the same issue.

is this the reason Spotify doesn’t pick up our signals

Aka7
Regular

I just wrote an email to them to attract their attention to the issue.

I hope they will do something.

nocturno03
Regular

Great,let’s hope so! It is a bug, so they should fix it!

Nickeleus

SAME HERE.

Have been a Deezer user for quite some time - free premium account from my carrier - and subscribed to Spotify just to have offline playlists on my Gear S2.

Why the **bleep** is shuffle and repeat disabled?

Also there's a bug when you add songs to a playlist. These newer tunes won't play for any of reason.

Another thing: my Jaybird X3 can only skip songs. Play and pause do not work.

What a terrible app.

SUGGESTED POSTS