Playstation 4 audio quality issue

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil 

Device

Playstation 4 Pro

Operating System

PS4 Pro version 6.02 (lastest at October, 2018)

My Question or Issue

Hello, I've been using Spotify on my Xbox One S for a while and now I got a Playstation 4 Pro and I started to use on it too, but, the audio quality is awful on PS4, sounds like a radio station using my TV (Philips) or my headphones (Hyper X Cloud Stinger and JBL). This happens only in Spotify/Sony app, in other apps like YouTube or Netflix the audio is Lossless.

Already tried to change the audio setting from PCM to Dolby and DTS but at system settings but still the same awful audio quality.

I hope that is something "fixable", if not, I expect an app update or an independent app from Spotify, like YouTube have their own.(In Playstation, Spotify app is one with Playstation Music App).

1 Reply

Hey @Leoohans.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community, and sorry for the late response! We'll be glad to help you out if you're still experiencing this issue 🙂

Could you try playing Spotify on your PS4 using the Connect feature and seeing if you still experience the same issue?

Would you also mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here? This can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here in case you need any further help 🙂

Suggested posts