Lineup Signup
Hi! We're just rearranging some Desktop boards to make it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with us, and we'll be done very soon.
To post a new question or issue, please go here: Desktop (Windows), Desktop (Mac), Desktop (Linux), Web Player.

Problems to sync Spotify to Amazon Echo

Solved!

Problems to sync Spotify to Amazon Echo

Ulysses777
Music Fan

Hi, guys, just bought Amazon Echo but so frustrating that I couldnt link it to my Spotify account. I live in Mexico and have Spotify PRemium. I've tried from Alexa app iphone and also on macbook air and there is no way that Spotify option is available. I can see it but its disabled to click as you can see in image below. Anyone?

IMG_4005.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Problems to sync Spotify to Amazon Echo

Ulysses777
Music Fan

SOLUTION

I just got a message in another board of this forum and it just worked.

hi had same problem you need to go to amazon -> your account --> digital content --> manage content and devices--> then youll see settings and you need to change the country to us 

Have fun!

32 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable

I've exactly the same problem and I live in Mexico too. I had a previous setup on which I was able to link my spotify account, but I saw this weekend spotify wasn't listed anywhere in the alexa app.

I'm still looking for a solution

Ulysses777
Music Fan

I'll try to link it from a PC, I've read in somewhere that people had the same issue while trying from iphone/mac devices... crazy, but lets try..

user-removed
Not applicable

I've contacted support, they anwered me that:

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 12.58.34 PM.png

Ulysses777
Music Fan

Thanks, where did you report it?

user-removed
Not applicable

In the Alexa app, you have a menu "Help & feedback" and you can email them

Ulysses777
Music Fan

gracias, lo hare tambien para sumarnos en la peticion....slds

adrien34
Regular

hello, i have a same problem :(  I have contacted Amzon.uk support

I understand your concern regarding accessing the Echo device in France.
I've checked my resources and seen that currently, you can use Alexa features and services (such as the Alexa app) in the U.S., United Kingdom and Germany only.
Since this device is not available in France, if you try to use your device in an unsupported country, some Alexa services may not work or may have limited functionality.
Further, you can use Echo in France but you'll be not able to access all skills of Echo in France.
We greatly regret the disappointment and inconvenience caused in this concern.
I hope you understand our efforts in serving you better, meanwhile our limitations in assisting you with the support that is beyond our reach.
I'll forward your interests and feedback to our development team. This dedicated team is constantly working to improve our services and spread our reach around the globe.
Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to write back to us. We'd be happy to help you with information or action that is appropriate to solve your query.
We look forward to seeing you soon!

Ulysses777
Music Fan

Awful anwer for a company like Amazon. It shouldnt matter if you are or not in the mentioned countries, since Spotify is a third party service and there is no difference between Spotify even changing countries. I have a friend in Mexico and for him it works ok with his Spotify account...

JKrarup
Casual Listener

Has anyone found a solution to this problem yet?

I live in Denmark and have the same problem, but i know that other people with the Amazon Echo dot Alexa in Denmark doesn't have the problem.

SUGGESTED POSTS