Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Local Music to Spotify Library

Solved!

Add Local Music to Spotify Library

Hello, I have +60gigs of music in my hard drive. All the tracks are organized in folders by artists and albums. Concerning this topic, most of the solutions i found only suggests a way to make Spotify desktop play them as local files. What i want instead is for my local music to be added in my Spotify library as saved songs that i can browse and explore as any other title i save from Spotify.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello!

The +60Gb of music you have in your HDD is known to Spotify as "Local Files".

It can't be added to Saved Songs or any other function except for playlists you've created, because they are not Spotify-stored songs.

If you want to browse and explore your local music (or Local Files if you will), please add those songs to a playlists already created. I am sorry but that is the only way around 😞

If you would like to add music to a playlist or having trouble detecting certain songs, please refer to this section.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello!

The +60Gb of music you have in your HDD is known to Spotify as "Local Files".

It can't be added to Saved Songs or any other function except for playlists you've created, because they are not Spotify-stored songs.

If you want to browse and explore your local music (or Local Files if you will), please add those songs to a playlists already created. I am sorry but that is the only way around 😞

If you would like to add music to a playlist or having trouble detecting certain songs, please refer to this section.

Have a nice day!

It's too bad as i invested heavily in time and money of course to gather that collection and wished i could have it with me all time without doing it manually.

Thank you

Suggested posts