Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Spotify Radio to SONOS, please!

Solved!

Add Spotify Radio to SONOS, please!

Spotify, please provide SONOS with the ability to support Spotify Radio. 

From the SONOS community:

John M, an employee of Sonos, replied to Add Spotify radios to Sonos !!!, an idea about Sonos.

Thank you everyone for the responses and feedback. Please let me assure you that this item is still under consideration by Sonos and that we are committed to providing a world-class Spotify experience on Sonos.

Spotify Radio was originally introduced as a Spotify App on the desktop Spotify client before being made available to the mobile app versions. Spotify Apps are small applications written within the Spotify platform and are not made available to third-party platforms like Sonos at this time. Spotify does not yet provide us with the ability to support Spotify Radio. We understand that this is a top feature request from the Sonos-Spotify community and are in discussions with Spotify on possible future implementation.

If you feel strongly about the Spotify Radio feature on Sonos, be sure to add your comments to the Spotify community, in addition to this topic here. Like Sonos, Spotify is a company that greatly values the opinions and feedback of their user community. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Spotify Radio was released on Sonos October 2015.

See this link for details and links to usage instructions:

http://blog.sonos.com/news/sonos-spotify-better-stronger

I just tried this and it works. It does not capture your existing stations. You must create new ones, artist or song. The stations will appear in your Sonos favorites, not in Sonos Spotify. Go figure.

View solution in original post

177 Replies

This sure would be a Nice reason to keep Spotify and not go with Deezer instead, as seems to be The other option.

Come on Spotify, start listening.  We need you to do this or we'll find a service that does

Here's a thought for Sonos and Spotify: I could also settle with a Spotify that is enabled to stream music to Sonos.

Could be a plugin for Spotify.

When I listen to music, I do so for hours in a row. I wouldn't mind turining the idea upside down, when necesary.

Talk to each other, people from Sonos and Spotify, you're not merely competitors, but you enhance each others' services!!

Cheers

Hey guys 🙂 

The best place to get attention on getting a new idea implemented is by posting a detailed ideas topic over on the Ideas Exchange.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It will be fantastic to have Spotify radio on Sonos. Listening the full day long a radio with no advertising !! How deezer could be already there and not Spotify???

As awesome as Spotify is on my desktop, I have no real reason to upgrade to premium without the ability to have a Spotify radio option on my Sonos setup.  I'm only one $9.99 a month voice but I can assure you that that are many MANY more disgruntled potential PAYING customers who feel exactly as I do.

Spotify, your service is unmatched and I truly WANT to give you my money.   Please make that easier for me to do so by adding the features we request!

Yes please add Spotify Radio to SONOS

For all please vote for the feature also at SONOS:

https://ask.sonos.com/sonos/topics/add_spotify_radios_to_sonos

I'm brand new to both Sonos and Spotify and until I read your posts, was convinced that I must be missing a connection in my brain that would allow me to understand how to play Spotify radio on my Sonos. Silly me!

Seriously, I just assumed that Spotify radio on Sonos would be a natural and seamless integration. It seems like a great fit. I agree with Spotisonos that Spotify IS awesome on my desktop and the playlists I'm able to listen to via Sonos Connect sound so much better with great speakers. The reason I bought the Sonos was to enjoy the music on my computer through a better system and now I learn that I can't access this fantastic cache of radio options on that system. Bummer.

Yep. Would be great to have spotify radio on Sonos.

The lack of this feature has forced me to cancel my new spotify premium account and go back to pandora - not sure it matters to sonos, but it should certainly matter to spotify. Too bad, I had high hopes for the program, but sonos is how we listen to music in the house.

Yes!! Give us Spotify radio to Sonos NOW!!!!

Yes this is quite sad really, I LOVE spotify, I bought Sonos because of spotify as they suggested it...

With no radio feature I'm really disappointed, it seems a new service called RDIO does do what Spotify doesn't...

It seems I will be leaving spotify... 😞

This is really disappointing that Spotify Radio isn't available on Sonos.  I just got my new Sonos player up and running today and was looking forward to Spotify Radio.  I'm not sure I would've purchased Sonos had I known this.  In fact, I'm quite surprised at how little Sonos can play in general.  

I just purchased Sonos because I listen to spotify every day and thought it would be great to have at home. However, after paying for premium I find out that even for more money I can't have all the features. Seriously? I feel very cheated. I will likely remove spotify, cancel my premium account and go to another service.

@Goolawnz wrote:
I just purchased Sonos because I listen to spotify every day and thought it would be great to have at home. However, after paying for premium I find out that even for more money I can't have all the features. Seriously? I feel very cheated. I will likely remove spotify, cancel my premium account and go to another service.

Hi there! Have you supported the idea for Sonos radio? You should 🙂

Spotify most likely will implement radio, when they have time and the ability to do so.

Liam

For anyone who is interested, a quick search of the Spotify Ideas Exchange and this section through up some more links:

Complete Sonos Integration

[Idea] Adding Radio to Sonos

[Idea] Adding Radio to Partner Devices

Be sure you to add your kudos to the ideas if this is something you would like to see!

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

@Peterhessels wrote:

Spotify, please provide SONOS with the ability to support Spotify Radio. 

From the SONOS community:

John M, an employee of Sonos, replied to Add Spotify radios to Sonos !!!, an idea about Sonos.

Thank you everyone for the responses and feedback. Please let me assure you that this item is still under consideration by Sonos and that we are committed to providing a world-class Spotify experience on Sonos.

Spotify Radio was originally introduced as a Spotify App on the desktop Spotify client before being made available to the mobile app versions. Spotify Apps are small applications written within the Spotify platform and are not made available to third-party platforms like Sonos at this time. Spotify does not yet provide us with the ability to support Spotify Radio. We understand that this is a top feature request from the Sonos-Spotify community and are in discussions with Spotify on possible future implementation.

If you feel strongly about the Spotify Radio feature on Sonos, be sure to add your comments to the Spotify community, in addition to this topic here. Like Sonos, Spotify is a company that greatly values the opinions and feedback of their user community. 

My switch from Rhapsody to Spotify may now be in jeopardy...please speed up the process.

Radio is the go to option for us busy parents who don't always have time to make playlists....

Got my first receipt from Spotify on 13 nov 2011 and have been enjoying it on my Sonos ever since. I figured the radio feature had some technical difficulty, but surely would be available soon.
So far soon hasn't arrived, and I ended in here in my search to see what setting and/or optionbutton I had been missing; because surely it must have had been me that had missed something. Over a year to figure out a little technical glitch couldn't be right.
Going though the threads in here I am glad to that it isn't me that have been a fool and that several others have the same desire as me. I am however horrified to see the complete indifference from Spotify to adress this issue! I have not seen 1 single message from spotify saying that they are aware of this desire and they are looking into it. Even a note saying "bugger you all, we are never going to make the radio available to sonos" would have been better than this silence. I have purchased the Sonos system and subscribe to spotify because i enjoy music, and if all I am going to get from spotify is silence, then I guess it is time to move on.
I'll start shopping around, and if you get your own silence treatment back from me, it is because I have found someone that is more interested in my subscription.

Please please please add a radio button for spotify.   That would justify the higher costs from lastfm, as the quality of their radio is much lower.   Ack, is it that hard???

Suggested posts