Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Adding local music from chromebook

Adding local music from chromebook

Plan

Premium

Country

US 

Device

Chromebook
Operating System

Chrome 

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to add a local file.   But I cannot find where to add it.  I've got the latest version but no where can I find in the settings where to add a local file.   Can anyone help.     

7 Replies

Hey @EE2019,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, it's currently not possible to upload Local Files using the web player or the Android app on a Chromebook. To upload Local Files, you'll need to use the Spotify desktop app.

For more information about Local Files, check out this support article.

Let me know if you have any questions. Happy listening 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Is this in progress? like development? Because there are now some Spotify premium users that have only Chromebook laptop.

Any plans to update this? Seems really odd and inconvenient that some people's computers just can't use this feature.

Hey there @iansantora,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community!

Currently local files can be uploaded only on the desktop app (Windows/Mac OS). 

You can download the Android app on your Chromebook, which should allow you to manage already uploaded songs and playlists. More info here.

You can create an Idea in the Community so that other Chromebook users can see it and vote on it. If an idea gets enough +Votes it is more likely to get implemented. Click here if you'd like to know more about this.

Hopefully this info was helpful. 

Have an awesome day!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

seriously where do you find the local files

me to

Soooo, chromebook?????  Obviously I can manage already uploaded files but the question is HOW to upload local files using the app ON chromebook, NOT desktop and NOT already uploaded files. Why is this such a difficult question?  I'm guessing it's not possible.

Suggested posts