Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Airport Express Still Not In Spotify Devices Menu

Airport Express Still Not In Spotify Devices Menu

I updated to the latest Spotify iOS app which claimed to fix this issue: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Airport-Express-Not-In-Spotify-Devices-Menu/idi-p/15...

Several weeks ago it was working fine. My Airport Express no longer shows up in Available Devices on my iPhone 6 Spotify app. I have deleted and re-installed the Spotify iPhone app and restarted the iPhone6. My iPhone 6 is not in Low Power Mode. When I goto the iOS Spotify, Settings, Devices Menu, all it shows is: LISTENING ON This iPhone. If I turn on my Marantz receiver, then it (Marantz SR6009) shows up as a Spotify Connect device.

iPhone6: iOS 10.2.1

iOS Spotify App: 7.4.0.1643

Airport Express version: 7.6.8

32 Replies

Me too. Nothing has changed. It does not see Airport Express, Marantz Consolette and the idea of your Connect whereby I can start Spotify on my laptop and it will appear "magically" here is just silly. Undo the fix status and have another try.

Hi @jtconte and @iankellett! Thanks for writing on the Community.

@iankellett, can you let us know which device and Spotify version you're using? Can you try restarting your internet routers so see if this makes a difference?

Let us know how it goes. 

iMac Retina 5k, 3.3Ghz i5 24GB RAM

Spotify 1.0.47.13.gd8e05b1f

on opening Spotify on opening Devices in Preferences.

Thanks for the info @iankellett.

Could you try reinstalling Spotify on your device? You can find the steps on how to do this here.

Give it a try and let us know if it helps.

Have done this. Have also cleared the preferences from the library then reinstalled it.

Got it @iankellett.

Did restarting your internet router made any difference? Can you let us know if this started happening after a specific update or event?

Keep us posted. 

Restarting my router did not help. Airport Express and Marantz Consolette are all available according to my router (time capsule) and in iTunes on all devices. The problem started with the upgrade before the one that Spotify said cured this problem.

I think that restarting my router, clearing the library, reloading Spotify, resetting the cache, changing my browser etc. is enough time wasted. I am not prepared to continue running around on your behalf trying to sort what is your problem, not mine.

It's fixed for me!

I updated the Spotify app on my iPhone to 7.5.0.1023 but it was still broken. I then followed the steps of deleting and  downloading- then it worked!

Thank you!

Hey @iankellett!

AirPlay on Mac is a bit different than AirPlay on iOS. You can read the instructions for AirPlay on your Mac on this page. Let me know how it goes.

Take care! 🙂

/H

HuboSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I know. I very much doubt that I am the only person with this issue. Most will just delete Spotify and move on to something that works as it should.

Hey @iankellett!

I'm not really sure this is an issue with Spotify. Spotify just outputs audio and your Mac should detect it, with or without Spotify. Could you head to: 'System Preferences > Sound' and select your speaker there?  Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 22.33.26.png

After that, could you play music in the Spotify app? Let me know how it goes.

Keep rockin'! 🙂

/H

HuboSpotify Star

Spoke  too soon! The next time I started Spotify, same problem!

Hey @jtconte!

That's not alright! Could you send over a screenshot of the devices menu? (Settings (Spotify) > Devices > Devices Menu'

Thanks for your patience with this one! 🙂

/H

HuboSpotify Star

Of course I can alter outputs in Preferences. I used to be able to do it in Spotify but since the last update I can’t.

That’s my point.

IMG_0858.PNG

As you can see, the airport express (Bedroom) shows up in the Control Center.As you can see, the airport express (Bedroom) shows up in the Control Center.

Understood, @jtconte and @iankellett!

Can you guys check if your AirPort Express appears as available on another device apart from your PC?

We'll see what we can suggest with that info.

Yes, as I have mentioned before, airport express and Consolette is visible on my iPad which is running the latest Spotify on OS9.3.5.

I don't have another iPhone app that sends its audio to other devices.

Suggested posts