Premium

Country

Uk

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Hello. My Spotify App will not load when I am offline, so I am unable to play downloaded podcasts/playlists.

I travel on the underground every day, and download podcasts ahead of travelling. When I open the app with no internet connection, the app fails to load, stating "no internet connection" so I am unable to listen to podcasts which have been downloaded.

This seems counter intuitive - I have downloaded these so they can be listened to while offline, so how can I go online to select them? I imagine similar situations would happen when on an aeroplane for example.

I have seen suggestions to go to menu>Offline mode, but this is very inefficient, having to do this multiple times a day to download/use online, and then use offline. Most other apps (eg news, weather etc.) will display what is already downloaded when offline, and surely Spotify should do this?

If this is the only solution, please can I suggest that the app is updated to allow downloaded content to be played when offline, without having to dig into menus and turn on/off? This is not a case of forcing the app to be online/offline; simply that there is no service so what is already there, should be available.

Thanks in advance. 

1 Reply

Hi @meisthemunch,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

If you're having issues with the app when you try to play downloaded music, the first step we suggest is to run a clean reinstall with these steps. They will ensure you remove any damaged cache that may be causing trouble. 

If the issue persists after that, could you let us know if you're using an SD card? If you are, try downloading your music to the phone's internal storage and check if the same happens.

Let us know how this goes.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts