Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[BB] WILL NOT LOG IN BB CURVE 9360

Solved!

[BB] WILL NOT LOG IN BB CURVE 9360

Hi, I know therte are 4000 messages like this but this is driving me crazy, Spotify working fine for about a week after installing now just will not log in, just on a continuous loop, sometimes when I disconnect from wifi or 3g I am able to re try the password otherwise I can't do anything. I have re installed 3 times, changed my password I don't know how many times, I can't find a 'device password' which I have seen people talk about, I emailed Spotify on Friday but not heard anything yet PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Finally got it to work!  Here is the solution I used, after digging through the Forum (there should be an easier way of finding this information). Also don't understand why Spotify support failed to mention any of this in any of our e-mail exchanges.

Dani9790 - Startup hangs are most likely because of the playlist cache becoming corrupt. To fix this you just need to delete the user folder, situated in users/USERNAME in the Spotify folder. The app should then start and reload all playlists from our servers.

Deleting the folder can be done on the phone itself, going to the Media folder, hitting the Menu button and choosing Explore. Once the folder has been found, selecting that one and pressing Menu will give the option to Delete.

It can also be done by connecting the phone to a computer, choosing to connect as USB Media, and on the computer finding the folder and deleting it.

Be aware that offline synced tracks will need to be synced again after this, but the data from before will be saved on your phone so it should be pretty quick.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Some problem here. Any help? PLEASE.

Same problem, has not yet worked at all.

Stuck on log-in screen.

Use to work on Bold 9700.

Very frustrating £9.99 a month for not much at all.

Same here - I'm on my fourth day with Spotify Support, no solution.  I've tried reinstalling the app, still nothing.  It's strange because it worked fine for several weeks, then starting Monday the little wheel spins round and round and round . . . .

Me too - blackberry 9780. Nothing at all! Spotify are you listening, still waiting for a reply.

I think I've done everything I can on my end -- logging on after reinstalling the mobile app (several times), upgraded my BB software to the current version, removed any other apps that conceivably could be interfering with the log on -- still nothing. 

The only other possibility I can think of (and it's a stretch) is iTunes.  Over the weekend I started putting stuff from my iTunes library into my playlists, using the Local Files function.  I started having log in troubles on my BB around that time (I've since removed the iTunes songs from the lists, but it had no impact).  interestingly, at the top of the Local Files library, it says "Music from your computer that you can sync to your iPod, iPhone or Android."  No mention of Blackberry, which I guess makes sense (since BB is not an Apple device) but still seems a little odd.

Also, over the past week I've noticed that the top banner of the various web pages of the Spotify site periodically has a message that says "we are having trouble with the web site" while the status page says "Spotify is up and everything is jolly good" or something quaint like that. 

I miss Napster.

Marked as solution

Finally got it to work!  Here is the solution I used, after digging through the Forum (there should be an easier way of finding this information). Also don't understand why Spotify support failed to mention any of this in any of our e-mail exchanges.

Dani9790 - Startup hangs are most likely because of the playlist cache becoming corrupt. To fix this you just need to delete the user folder, situated in users/USERNAME in the Spotify folder. The app should then start and reload all playlists from our servers.

Deleting the folder can be done on the phone itself, going to the Media folder, hitting the Menu button and choosing Explore. Once the folder has been found, selecting that one and pressing Menu will give the option to Delete.

It can also be done by connecting the phone to a computer, choosing to connect as USB Media, and on the computer finding the folder and deleting it.

Be aware that offline synced tracks will need to be synced again after this, but the data from before will be saved on your phone so it should be pretty quick.

it worked. 

thank you so much!!!!

AMAZING thank you! I've searched countless times and through so many avenues, all just saying nothing could be done. Took me a few times of trying to delete the different parts of that folder but it works now. THANK YOU!!!!!

....Worked for me too..!!

Was on the verge of giving up,un-subscribing,or just crying! Took a chance on reading this...and now all is well.

Hope others use this as their last hope because fixing the fault of something you're paying for is VERY enjoyable!!

Thanks again to whoever posted this fix....GET IN!!!!

OMFG! Thank you so much!

hello i got the same problem but i couldn't manage to fix it.

I can't find any user folder!!! in the spotify thing the only thing i see are three DAT files and two folders called images and substream.. one of the three .dat files is called user so i thought it was that, i deleted it and still can't log in..

Is maybe because is my first log in and still haven't registered any user on the phone? (yeah i never managed to log in since i downloaded the app a week ago).

Please help 😞

same bullsh** here. i go to the spotify web page on my phone browser and it doesnt load the download page at all...search for spotify in bb app world and no matches found. went to web page on my laptop,scanned the barcode in bb app world, the app pulls up on app world but says it isnt compatable...wtf. when i first got the phone in june i downloaded the app no problem used it for 30 days then it just stopped working altogether.phone broke got replacement,  signed up for premium and its great on my computer but realllllllllly wish i could use the damned pay version on my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!its not right.

Try going to this link in your phone browser:

http://download.spotify.com/blackberry/Spotify.jad

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts