Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BlackBerry BBM Music status

Solved!

BlackBerry BBM Music status

Hi there, I have the free version of Spotify and use it over wifi whilst at work. I chat using BBM instant messenger and until recently my friends could see what I was listening to. However since I've upgraded the Spotify version they can't now. I have been into settings on Spotify and flagged that other devices can use it and also checked my settings in BBM. Has anyone else experienced this and is there going to be a fix. It also doesn't appear in my Facebook activity log either now.
Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Well... It looks like when Spotify dropped support for Blackberry they dropped it for BBM for Android and iOS as well... At least that's what I took from the support team email I got back.... I will attach a screenshot

View solution in original post

Screenshot_2016-08-03-18-15-21.png
10 Replies

I'm having the exact same issue... Any fix in the foreseeable future?

Highly unlikely, since they killed Blackberry support.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partners-Windows/What-happened-to-Symbian-Blackberry-and...

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

But now that blackberry has phones running Android... And bbm for Android.... Why would Spotify not be able to stream to BBM on Android?

Hey @user-removed,

This thread refers to devices with the old BlackBerry OS. The new ones with Android should use the Android app flawlessly.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hmm... Must be a setting I can't seem to find then... Spotify set to broadcast to other apps and BBM set to show what I'm playing.... I'll keep hunting through my phone settings I guess, thank you for the quick response 😃

I'm experiencing the same thing with premium account 🙈
please let us know by posting here again if you have solved this problem
Marked as solution

Well... It looks like when Spotify dropped support for Blackberry they dropped it for BBM for Android and iOS as well... At least that's what I took from the support team email I got back.... I will attach a screenshot
Screenshot_2016-08-03-18-15-21.png

Well... Started working for whatever reason.... And now it isn't again.... I was all excited for a bit....

@wendywdf
I got BBM to show what Spotify is playing, but the only way to get it to work is if you are playing to something over Bluetooth... That was the only way I could get it to work, in case you were still wanting it work

Thank you. That still doesn't fix the total problem though.

Suggested posts