Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Blend not working

Blend not working

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

Hi! I started a blend playlist with my friend but it only shows my songs. It says that we are 68% compatible and we share a song which is not even on the playlist. We tried leaving and starting a new blend again but it didn't work.

Can anybody help? Is there anything that can be done about this?

7 Replies

Hey @mewaa,

Thanks for posting in the Community. Excuse us taking so long to reply, we just stumbled upon this thread.

This is most probably due to your friend using Private Session a lot. In order for the Blend to function properly, your friend should use Private Session less, so the algorithm can do its magic. Could you relay that to your friend?

Let us know how the Blend behaves after a few weeks,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have the same issue. My friend says she “just listens” and I guess that means she never uses the private session option. 
I have blends with other friends and they are working as expected. 

Hi there @liffer,

Thanks for reaching out. Blends use a pool of songs formed from the listening preferences you both have at this moment in time. The updates of your Blend playlists are dependent on both your listening activities.
This means you both need to be actively exploring and listening to actual new music (not your current Blend or music in your Daily Mixes) for a while in order for your Blend to reflect this and update itself with fresh new content. 
You can speed this process up by liking and following new songs and artists to your profiles and the results should be notable in a couple of weeks time.

Let us know if any further questions arise.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan,

Yes I understand that, but we both listen to our "own lists" of music. Not only daily mixes etc.

It would of course be as expected that the blend did not change so much from day to day if we always listened to the same music, but that the blend only shows my music is very strange.

My blends with other persons work as I expect them to (i.e. a mix of "my music" and "my friend's music" - but my songs stay pretty much the same from day to day since I listen to about the same every day :))

Hi @liffer,

Thanks for the response. Could you provide some screenshots of this and other blends you have an elaborate a bit on what exactly is included. We'll gladly investigate this.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Apparently the error was on my side this time!

checked with my friend more in detail, and she has a family premium account. When she opened the invite link she was on a computer where a profile with almost no listening history was active… 😬😅

I sent the link again and when she opened it on her phone the Spotify profile was the correct one and the blend is now working as expected. 
Sorry for the misinformation and thanks for the fast response!

Hey @liffer,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

Awesome! We're really glad everything is working as it should and that you could sort this out. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have further questions.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts