Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

BlueSound Nodi 2i randomly removed from device list in Spotify App

BlueSound Nodi 2i randomly removed from device list in Spotify App

This player will work fine for two weeks. Then all of a sudden it will no longer play Spotify through the Spotify Connect App and the device is no longer listed in the device list in the Spotify App. As soon as I power cycle the Node 2i, it automatically shows in the available device list and works fine.

13 Replies

Hi @schexc,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

Since this issue is usually solved with a reboot, there may be a connectivity issue with your Node 2i. How is the Node connected to your network, wired or WIFI? If WIFI, then on which network, 2.4 or 5GHz?

It's worth testing with every network option to see if there's a difference. 

Also, please make sure your Node's firmware doesn't have any pending updates.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The problem usually shows it self every 2-3 weeks, and the system is used a couple of times daily. The player's firmware is up to date and it is hard wired via cat6 to the network. When the problem occurs, the first thing I look for is to see if the player is still shown as a device in the Spotify App and it never is. Then I try an internet radio source from the player. That always works, so I know that the player hasn't gone offline. I've sent the data logs to Bluesound a couple of times and they're saying that the problem is with Spotify. Spotify is still linked to the player in the Bluesound App as a music source. As soon as I reboot the player, the device shows again within the Spotify App and Spotify works fine.

Hi again @schexc,

Thanks for keeping in touch.

Could you try connecting the Bluesound device to WiFi instead of cable to see if that makes any difference? Additionally, try restarting your router and all your devices.

We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Bluesound recommended rebooting the router, which I did. It didn't make a difference, as the the time between events didn't change much. I also installed a new cat6 cable, another Bluesound recommendation, but it had no affect.
The device does not lose connection to the network. The Spotify App, deletes the device from the App.

Hi there @schexc,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you let us know how you control playback on the speaker - is it just through Spotify Connect (mobile or desktop app)? Or do you have a separate app or voice command?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I have eleven zones of distributed audio, that is controlled by control system. There is a two way module for Bluesound, programmed in the control system, for utilization of the interfaces. The Bluesound module, controls Spotify music playback, via Spotify Connect, just like the Bluesound sound bar does, that is also a device programmed to the control system. The sound bar has not ever been deleted by the Spotify App device list, only the Node 2i. The Node 2i, is connected as an input, to one of the distribution amplifiers in the system, which allows it to be a streaming source of all of the connected zones on the LAN. The interfaces that I use are touch panels, hand held remotes and mobile devises. The Node 2i is not offline, when it gets removed from the Spotify App, as I can utilize internet radio from the player, throughout the system when the problem occurs.

Hey @schexc,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

This sounds like an advanced setup, so there might be some incompatibility between it and the Spotify API which enables Connect playback. 

Connect is intended to enable simple remote control and communication over the internet for two devices accessing the API from the same location at one given time, so setups like these go a bit beyond its intended purpose.

In such scenarios we'd recommend to establish a direct audio connection between the playback and the input devices to ensure best results.

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator

The Bluesound Node 2i, does not allow for a direct connection to Spotify, it must me controlled through Spotify Connect. According to Bluesound, it is regulated by Spotify. However, Fusion Research has a streaming player that is directly connected. I wonder how they are able to do it.

Also wondering how some streaming players can control Spotify directly and others require the use of Spotify Connect?

Hey @schexc,

Thanks for posting again here.

As @Ver already mentioned, such performance discrepancies could arise depending on how the different manufacturers have utilized the communication between their devices' software and the Spotify API. To receive more information about that, this might require to contact the support team of the manufacturer.

On this page here, you can also explore the vast pool of supported devices on which you can enjoy streaming music via Spotify. Also here is some more information about the Connect feature in general. 

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator

I did contact the manufacturer. They replied that the device list is controlled by Spotify, so at this point I still don't have a solution. A friend of mine contacted me yesterday and said that he is now having the same problem with his Node 2i. It also gets removed from the device list in the Spotify App. I hope someone can get an answer to this problem.

Hey @schexc,

The device list is indeed controlled by Spotify, as Connect is a Spotify feature. However, how the API is implemented by third parties is up to each manufacturer, that's why we can't guarantee a constant behavior, specially in more complex setups.

As @Ver mentioned, it's recommended to establish a direct audio connection between the playback and the input devices to ensure more reliable and better results.

Cheers.

CarlosEModerator

That brings me to another question that I've asked and still don't know the answer too. Some streaming players allow the direct connect feature and others do not. Why is that. Is it licensing, contractual or something other?

I contacted Fusion Research, which has direct connect, and was told they were grandfathered in, although Spotify could change that at anytime. SONOS and  Autonomic also do.

Suggested posts