Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bulk delete podcasts

Bulk delete podcasts

Hello everyone

If I have downloaded a bunch of podcasts to listen to and got caught up with the list. Is there away to delete a bunch of episodes in one go? Rather than the tedious one by one method?

Thanks for reading

9 Replies

Hi there @danielmcgee,

Thanks for the post!

Unfortunately there is no way to unmark multiple downloaded episodes.

Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have a question. When is it going to be implemented? It seems like a very basic function and makes handling my downloads a hassle. 

Hi @Jonsquatch,

Thank you for posting to the Community, and welcome!

At the moment we don't have plans for this feature. However, we recommend having a look at this similar Idea suggesting the auto-delete of played/downloaded podcast episodes.

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It seems this still has not been implemented?  I can auto delete downloads as they are played, but the episodes remain and then are replayed at strange times even when there are some downloads left... why would people want to keep episodes when the download is autodeleted?  The episode should go too.  The only way I can see to do it is to now go through and delete hundreds of episodes one by one on the desktop, which is inconvenient and will be an ongoing problem, having to do this all the time.  We need:

1) A "delete all EPISODES" (not just downloads) button

2) A setting that autodeletes not only the downloads but also the episodes.

This is a really basic feature that is missing.  I’ve been trying Spotify instead of Google podcasts, and having just had to manually delete 40+ podcasts one by one is enough to make me stick with Google.

This is bad design. Period. You are incompetent and shitty designers for not having this feature day one. It **bleep**. God I need to get off of this shitty platform.

Agreed. A lack of a "select" feature to mass delete several downloaded podcasts makes spotify less convenient. Each individual podcast deletion takes five clicks. I have several hundred that I want to delete off my phone.

any update about this topic?

I'd really like this feature to be added... it's such a pain to bulk delete podcasts after a long drive. I have it set up now to delete after playing, but I could also only find that setting on my android phone, not on the OSX app where I normally manage most things.

Also, I have to say, it's a general pain to remove episodes (and songs) since the latest "add to playlist" functionality with the + button. If I want to remove a podcast/song, it's now 3 clicks... for every episode I want to remove. I have to click the green check mark, select the playlist I want to remove it from (even if it's only in one...) then click done. This basic playlist management action should be one click at MOST. I'd forgive it if there was at least a way to edit/check multiple and delete in bulk as requested.

Suggested posts