Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can I access old discover weekly playlists or song history?

Can I access old discover weekly playlists or song history?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy s6, Windows 8

16 Replies

Hello @JShepherd42!

Right now, it's not possible to access old "Made for You" playlists like Discover Weekly. However, you should be able to view your recently played songs in the Home page of your Spotify app. If you'd like to be able to view old Discover Weekly playlists I'd recommend you add your votes and comments to this idea.

Hope this helps and let me know if there's anything else I can help with 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

If you play a song from Discover Weekly, it doesn't show up in your recently played songs. This isn't a legit solution.

Unfortunately, this doesn't actually work because even if you "liked" a song from the previous week, it doesn't show up in your list of "liked" songs. So...no solution.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to jump in here with some additional info.

As @Jose_M already pointed out, currently there is no option to access your previous Discover Weekly playlists. If this is a feature you're interested in, you should consider adding your VOTE to the idea he has linked to in his post.

With that said, if you wish to keep a specific playlist that was Made for You, you can either create a new playlist and add all the tracks to it or you can "like" any song to save it to your Liked Songs playlist in Your Library.

There are several ways to retrieve your recent listening History depending on the device you've been using. You can check out this article on our support website for the steps on the desktop app.

The listening history is not synchronized across devices but, if you've only been using Spotify on your mobile, there's a way to see what songs you've listened to most recently:

1. Open a Playlist, that you created yourself.
  2. Tap on "Add songs" on the top of your Playlist.
  3. Go to "Suggested" and then swipe left until your "Recently played" appear.

We hope you'll find this info useful. Feel free to reach out whenever you have other questions!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is incredible (finding history on mobile). This is the only solution that has EVER worked for me, and I've been googling this every once in awhile for years. Thank you. Also whyyyy is "recent history" so insanely hidden on mobile? How did you even find this? Ridiculous.

I think Spotify should definitely create this kind of a feature. 

The problem is that you never know when the list suddenly changes completely (to rubbish) and there is no going back after has happened.

You can request your old listening data for the last year in your profile section but that takes ages (they say up to 30 days!) to receive.

Hello. When I go to my playlists that I created, there's not a feature to "Add Songs". There's only "Shuffle Play" and Recommended Songs below.

How do I find this Add songs feature? Thank you for your help.

Hey @tinyswag92

It looks like your question is unrelated to this topic. Could you create a new topic?

Thanks!

Thank you!
Very helpfull.

So in case anyone like me had issues with the most commonly suggested solutions, there is still hope. This was my situation: 

• I thought discover weekly was archiving songs as it was set to auto download (i now know that this is not the case, and there are plenty of posts out there showing how to set up and automatic playlist dump)
  • my recently played was not showing me songs (only albums), and none corresponding to the discover weekly songs
  • checking on my desktop version (i was listening in originally on my phone), my recently played or history was blank - no idea why. 

What worked for me was a bit overkill but worked a treat. There is a little known feature where you can request spotify send you a zip file with all your data, and this includes your entire streaming history up to a year back. I came across the solution here, so credit to the authors of this article: 

https://towardsdatascience.com/get-your-spotify-streaming-history-with-python-d5a208bbcbd3

But for the sake of preservation here is a simple summary: 

• go to your spotify online account (www.spotify.com), and login
  • once in, you should be able to log in to "privacy setting"
  • scroll to the section "Download your data"
  • you should be shown 3 steps, only the first of which is available for now: "Request" data. If you click this, some engineer at spotify HQ receives your requests and will prepare your data for you. 

I was told I'll have to wait up to 30 days, but in fact I received a zip file within 5 days. One of the files in the folder you will receive is called StreamingHistory0.json. The linked article describes a python script you can write to extract the structured data - but you can also just open the file with notepad and you will see data entries for every song you've streamed for the past year. 

Hope this helps!

Daniel

Can you explain to me how to request your old listening data? I can't find it. Thanks in advance!

Edit: I have found it, it's in the privacy settings, all the way down.

I got mine 4 days later! Thanks for the advice.

I suffered from discover weekly fomo too until I found an IFTT (if this then that) routine to automatically save each week's discover weekly to a separate playlist.  At this point there are thousands of songs in there and it's one of my favorite playlists.

https://ifttt.com/search/query/spotify%20save%20discover%20weekly

Live long and prosper

This was good tip!
In fact I can suggest a specific applet that relies solely on Spotify and is easy to get started with:
https://ifttt.com/applets/NFRkZeJu

Funnily enough, if you combine some of the above, its quite easy to find your old (well, last weeks) Discover Weekly playlist (if, like me, you put it on repeat for a few days)

Go to Library, Create a new Playlist, then click on Add Songs, then swipe left until you get Recently Played , and simply add the ones you want (or the top 30 if you cant remember names / titles like me 🙂 )

Amzing gift. Thanks! @mondeoman

Suggested posts