Free

Country

SK

Device

Web browser (MS Edge / Chrome)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

My friend started a collaborative playlist. I can see it (in my Library), play songs out of it but I can't find a way how to add a song into it. People suggest me to "follow" the playlist but there is no such a option in WebPlayer.

Capture.JPG
28 Replies

Yea.... this needs fixin'

My friend wanted me to collaborate on their playlist but when I opened the link, it just showed the playlist without letting me edit. Yes, it was on collaborative, and I am following the playlist, and yes, I opened the link within 24 hours. I opened the link a second time and it sent me to the Spotify home and didn't show the playlist. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app for me is not an option. Please show me how to fix this, I read this entire thread of replies and nothing in it was helpful at all. This has happened with my playlists before and you guys aren't really helping at all.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

The option to edit collaborative playlists is not available on the web player. 

Could you try adding songs to the playlist you've successfully been invited to through the desktop app?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Glad I stopped paying...
Making something so basic into a problem hahahaha

i am following a collaborative playlist but its not showing up to my list of playlist when im trying to add a song

Hey @Max1mus1,

Thanks for your reply in this thread 🙂

Just to confirm, did you receive the invitation to add, remove, and reorder tracks? Keep in mind you'll need to accept and join the collaborative playlist to be able to edit and see it in your library.

Take into account that if you're not a collaborator of a playlist, you cannot make any changes. The only way you could be a collaborator is if the creator of a playlist invites you to. You can find more info about it in this article.

Did you mean that you can't join a collaborative playlist? Please send us a detailed explanation of what you're experiencing.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I had the same problem, just download the desktop app and everything should work fine

I have been trying to add some of my music onto a collab playlist on Spotify for web on MacOS Ventura 13.1.0 It is not my playlist. I have not been able to add any on my web player (open.spotify.com). 

Please look at the photos provided. This was made 2/1/23. If anyone knows anything about this and knows a fix, thanks so much. 😄

Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.25.10.png
Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.22.48.png
Screenshot 2023-02-01 at 12.23.40.png

April 2023 and Spotify for web is still not working to add songs to a collaborative playlist. And no, I'm not going to install the desktop app just for that. It's incredible how you can't invest time and money to have the same features in all of your platforms, to have the same experience 👎

Suggested posts