Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot connect my account with facebook

Solved!

Cannot connect my account with facebook

Hello.

I used to have (about 1-2 years ago) a spotify account that was created using facebook, but I deleted my facebook account.
Right now, for some months I've been using a new spotify account because my old account was lost.
I now also have a new facebook account, and I'm trying to connect with facebook and link my existing spotify account with this facebook account (to share, and see friends...)

For some reason it won't work. I tried with the web player and destkop Mac player (Options->Facebook), I put my credentials and authorized the app, then the window closed and the "connect with Facebook" button remains. It didn't save the facebook account. I've already tried several times.

I think the issue could be related to the fact I used a gmail alias to register to facebook again (ie. myname+facebook@gmail.com instead of myname@gmail.com).

a8fc32a9970239523eaa310e2e88555e.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @zorgatone

In this case, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to look into getting this sorted for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hello @zorgatone,

Can you check if your Apps, Websites and Plugins option is Enabled in Facebook privacy settings?

You can check it here.

It is. The app is even listed there (see screenshot)

a6e1ddbc7ab7f0102ddecb289eb5b397.png
Marked as solution

Hey @zorgatone

In this case, you will need to get in touch with the customer services team directly using the online contact form and they will be able to look into getting this sorted for you.

If you get an automated email reply back directing you to the community or help pages, you need to reply directly to that email (even if its from no-reply) and one of the customer services agents will get back to you as soon as possible. 🙂

Suggested posts