Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Cannot remove Echo Dot device repeatedly shown as "unavailable for listening on"

Cannot remove Echo Dot device repeatedly shown as "unavailable for listening on"

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

All my devices: HP Laptop on Windows 10, iPhone 12, Samsung Galaxy A32 5G 

My Question or Issue

I have an Alexa/Echo device that has been very buggy. For whatever reason, it is appearing 3 times as "unavailable for listening on" in my device list. I had changed the name from Echo to Ziggy, then back to Echo, which is why the name is not the same. But all three are referring to the same device.

Things I have already done:

-Factory Reset my Alexa Echo Dot device

-Clean reinstall of Spotify on all my devices

-Remove EVERYTHING from having access to my Spotify account here.

They are still there. It is very annoying to have to deal with three things on my device list, all referring to the same device, that I cannot remove. As of now, I have not reconnected that Echo Dot device.

Screenshot_20210918-095623_Spotify.jpg
5 Replies

Hey @starlight_oye,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if you're seeing the "unavailable for listening on" device in the Connect menu, even when the speaker is not switched on and connected to your network?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex. Thank you for your response. I am not sure what you are referring to when you say "in the Connect menu." The screenshot I provided is a list of available devices in my Spotify app, which I thought wast the Connect menu.

Hey @starlight_oye,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. What I meant was, if you see those grayed out devices even if the Echo Dot is not active and your account is not linked to it?

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator

Hi Alex. Yes, I still see the grayed out devices even when the Echo Dot is not active and my account is not linked to it (the echo dot is factory reset and completely unplugged).

Hey @starlight_oye,

Thanks for your swift reply.

Could we ask you also if you have tried to reset your router, this could help the app synchronize the devices currently available on your local network? 

Also, could you confirm that the grayed-out devices are visible in all of your apps' Connect menus (as you mentioned you're using 2 phones in your first message). Also worthwhile is to try log out and log back in - two times in a row from all the apps where this occurs, as this helps reset possible cache-related issues.

You can also try manually clear all cache for the Spotify app in the respective devices' settings menu and the Spotify app itself, for all where the issue is apparent. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

ElenaModerator

Suggested posts