Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Chromecast issues

Chromecast issues

I can connect to Spotify on Chromecast from a couple devices but the app shows the song is playing but it's paused on the tv and no audio. I've tried resetting everything, powering down etc. 

3 Replies

Hey @Smittaine, help's here. 

First, check to make sure the volume is turned all the way up on your mobile device or tablet. Also use your TV remote to control the volume up and down.

If that doesn't work, restart all your devices (and speakers). Also, make sure that:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Your Spotify app is up-to-date.
  • All devices’ software is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your devices' manufacturers for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

I'm doing all that already, except switching networks, as I have only one
network at home.
My problem is that I keep having to restart devices to reestablish the
connection. That's the problem I'm trying to solve!
It seems that Spotify drops the connection if I don't press any buttons for
30 to 60 minutes.

Hey again @bigpercy31,

This might have something to do with the network. Can you restart your router by unplugging it, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it in again?

Also, we suggest that you reset your password and log out everywhere to make sure your account isn't used somewhere else. 

Try these steps and let us know if it helps. If not, and when the music stops, do you see any other devices being connected to your app instead of Chromecast? Send us a screenshot of the app when it stops playing.

Keep us posted 🙂

Suggested posts