Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Bluetooth connection in the car not working

Bluetooth connection in the car not working

So recently we got a new car with allows for a phone to play music using bluetooth,

i connected my moms Iphone SE first and it worked/works as it should then I tried connecting my own Iphone 6s with the bluetooth and it connects yet when I try playing a song it just plays without any sound, not from the phone or the car. So then i tried with my dads Iphone SE (exactly the same model as the phone that does work) and that didn't work either.

The only difference I can find between the phones is that my moms account is the owner of the family premium packageand our accounts are only using the premium from the family package but do not have the full ownership (where you can manage who can use it). We do all have a premium account. 

We compared all settings in the spotify app aswell as in the settings menu of the phone and made sure that it was all the same but it still does not work.

I have completely run out of ideas on how to fix this please help.

3 Replies

Hey @BumbleB, help's here.

Have you tried un-pairing the bluetooth connection between your mother's device and the car? Be sure to do that, un-pair your own device with the car, and re-pair it.

As this help article explains:

• If your devices are close to other Bluetooth devices, turn off the Bluetooth function of the other Bluetooth devices.
    Note: Bluetooth audio devices can’t connect to multiple source devices at a time. Be sure to disconnect any current connections to use it with another device.
  • Close any other apps you’re not using. 

Let us know if that helps 🙂

Thanks for your reply, in the meantime i have found a solution. If i have no music in the itunes store the car does not recognize my device as playable. After i downloaded one song in itunes i managed to use the bluetooth function of the car with my spotify.

Hey @BumbleB

Glad to hear it worked out for you, and that you did some troubleshooting yourself.  The solution sounds interesting, and may help other people visiting this thread 🙂

Let us know if there's anything else!

Suggested posts