Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

double songs removing problems.

double songs removing problems.

sometimes when i have some double songs in my libary. i want remove 1 of them so i don't have double songs. but when i do that it happens sometimes that he removes both. even when it isnt the same cd at diffrent dates added to my libary. 

it happens not with all the songs. the only way to be sure i dont lose both is make a playlist and take all the songs and remove everytime 1 of them when i see spotify removes both i can add 1 of them again to my libary.

see screenshot  i make red arround the double songs. i removed 1 of them and spotify removes both after it.

Schermafbeelding 2018-04-24 om 20.15.21.png
4 Replies

Hey @user-removed,

This looks very much like what's described on this thread: "It looks like the duplicate albums are appearing when an artist has reuploaded their music to Spotify. When an old version is removed, the original URI starts redirecting to the newer version but it looks like in some cases this is duplicating the album instead. "

In the meantime, you'll have to remove the duplicates that you have and add the song again to your library (in case both tracks get removed). 

Let us know if there's anything else!

I think that this isn’t the same problem. I mean when I remove a “double” one in my libary it removes the second one to. Without asking. This happens a lot. So to let this not happens I make a empty playlist remove the double ones and if Spotify removes both. I add the one of them again. That’s working for now but this isn’t the solution of the problem. 

You see see also in my picture post. That the 2 albums not are the same it was dua lipas normal and deluxe album. 

Hey @user-removed, thanks for clarifying. 

We understand what you mean, and We've passed this onto the right team to take a look. Just to confirm, the two tracks/albums you see with slightly different names, can you see that both of them appearing separately when visiting the artist's page? If not, then it means one of them was replaced by the other, which is similar to what we described earlier.

If you do see the tracks/albums separetly in the artist's page, please get back to us with their URI's and we'll have a another look. 

Thanks! 🙂

In the time a open this topic ( april this year) it was 2 but now it is only 1 

Suggested posts