Premium

USACountry

Device

Acer r11 Chromebook

Operating System

Chrome OS (up to date)

My Question or Issue

Hello,

I am using the Google Play Store Spotify app. The app has two settings of screen size, a small vertical rectangle and full screen. The full screen is the one I am having an issue with. The app's interface is too large for the screen and I am barely able to click the play button, and cannot reach others at the bottom (browse, search, library). When I click the window to make the interface small again, the app resets, but before it changes to the smaller version it shifts to fit the screen perfectly, thne reverts to the small version.

I have attempted to fix this by resetting the computer, app and going in and out of each interface size.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @viewtifuljoey5,

If you install the Android version of the app on your Chromebook, you'll always have the mobile version of the app.

Perhaps you could try using the Web Player. Here's a link. The Web Player is more similar to the desktop app.

Hope it helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @maxxramas.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community 🙂

Would you mind sending us a screenshot of what you see on your end when the Spotify desktop app window is maximised? That way we'll be able to see exactly what's going on.

Thanks,

P

(cue the sad music that plays when you find a post that you think might have the solution to your problem but, after clicking, realize that it was left unfinished)

I *think* I'm running into the same problem. I have the Spotify app installed on my Chromebook and it looks like the app is using the OS rather than the screen aspect ratio to determine which layout to use. As a result, I'm using the Spotify app on a laptop but with a mobile layout: highly condensed information and a ton of empty space.

Is there a way to tell the app to use a laptop-appropriate aspect ratio? Or to recognize that it's not actually being used on an Android phone?

Any help here would be hot.

Marked as solution

Hey @viewtifuljoey5,

If you install the Android version of the app on your Chromebook, you'll always have the mobile version of the app.

Perhaps you could try using the Web Player. Here's a link. The Web Player is more similar to the desktop app.

Hope it helps! Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for the clarification!

Maybe sometime in the future Chromebooks will be in broad enough use that it merits a feature request. I'll make do with the app or the web player in the meantime 😃

Suggested posts