Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Community.Spotify website is not working properly

Solved!

Community.Spotify website is not working properly

This website is not working properly on my phone. First, when I click on my profile icon to see my notifications, it doesn’t work. Second, when I type in an idea and then try to click on a post that is already addressing the issue I am worried about. It brings me to a dead end. Please fix this.

8EB8C97D-EDC7-4725-9E45-33BD3B4259BD.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

UPDATE: After several confirmations from people that had this issue, we believe this issue is now fixed. If you have this issue again in the future, just leave a reply in the thread.

Hey @mphoa @brun0_miguel 

Can you check to see if you are still having this issue with the Community?

We believe the issue was with the website cache. The website cache has been refreshed and we hope that the issue is now fixed. We will need people that had this issue to test it again and let us know. Thank you for your patience.

Please open up the Community website in an incognito window (sometimes called a private window) in your browser and see if you still have the same issue. I ask this because it could be that the browser has cached the old files and hasn't updated them yet. Opening an incognito (private window) loads fresh files.

Then try loading the Community in a normal browser window. If it works in incognito (private window), but not when opening a normal browser window, then try clearing your cache in the main browser window. When you go to clear browsing data in the settings, you only need to check the box that says "cached images and files" so that you can still keep your cookies and other data. It's best to keep your cookies and not clear them otherwise you will have to relogin again to every website you normally visit.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey @mphoa

Community:

Thanks for reporting this.

Right now this is a known issue with the Community that is being looked into. The issue is that certain users aren't able to tap on their profile icon to see the options menu there to access things such as the notifications page.

As a workaround for now, you can see your notifications by going to this page here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/notificationfeed/page

I'll be sure to reply back here and keep you updated on the progress of fixing this issue.

Ideas:

What you are seeing when you click on an idea that is still in the "Idea Submissions" section is expected. There has been a recent change to the Ideas Exchange in the Community.

Now when an idea is posted, only the person who posted the idea, Spotify Stars, and Spotify Staff can see the idea while it has the status of "New Submission". Once the idea has been checked to make sure it meets the guidelines, it will be given a new status and then other users will be able to see it and vote for it.

You can read more info here:

Idea Exchange Guidelines: How can I submit an idea? What happens next?

MattSudaSpotify Star

Thank you. Please do keep me updated.

Hi there @mphoa,

Thank you for your reply.

Can you let us know how it works for you now? 🙂

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I am still unable to click on my profile icon to get to my notifications.

Thanks for confirming @mphoa

It looks like this issue is still not fixed yet. I'll keep you updated on the progress.

MattSudaSpotify Star

I don't know if this is the best way, but I would like to make a complaint about the usability of the community. Unfortunately it's a little bad to use this platform: I can only access my notifications from the messages received in the email. Is this general or does it only affect certain accounts? Do we have a forecast to fix this flaw? Meanwhile, I'm waiting, listening to my songs.

🇧🇷 Não sei se este é o melhor caminho, mas gostaria de deixar uma queixa a respeito da usabilidade da comunidade.

Infelizmente está um pouco ruim de usar esta plataforma: só consigo acessar minhas notificações à partir das mensagens recebidas no e-mail. Isso é geral ou afeta apenas algumas contas?
Temos uma previsão de corrigir essa falha?

Enquanto isso fico no aguardo, ouvindo minhas músicas.

Hey there @brun0_miguel

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

In this case, your notifications can be accessed in the profile icon of the Community page. Just to confirm, are you having issues with this button? If so, let us know if this happens with a different browser.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

AndresMModerator
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Hi Andres, sorry for categorizing it wrong, I still have a little trouble using it here.

Answering the question, that's right, the notifications icon is not working, both in Chrome mobile or desktop versions, and in Edg

Talking to another user, he confirmed to me that he is experiencing the same problem.

thankyou 

m.e.lem.

💚

🇧🇷Oi Andres, me desculpe por categorizar errado, ainda tenho um pouco de dificuldade para usar aqui. 

Respondendo a pergunta, é isso mesmo, o ícone de notificações não está funcionando, tanto no Chrome versões para celular ou computador, como no Edge. 

Conversando com outro usuário, ele me confirmou que está passando pelo mesmo problema. 

Obrigado pela atenção!

Hey there @brun0_miguel

Thanks for your reply. 

We've passed this info to the right team to be looked into. We'll keep you posted on any updates on the matter here, as soon as there are any.

If you have any questions, the Community is always here for you.

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hey @mphoa @brun0_miguel 

This issue is still being looked into. Thank you for your patience.

An announcement has been posted here and it includes a workaround to access your notifications until this gets fixed:

[Community Issue] Profile and notification menu not popping up for some users

MattSudaSpotify Star

great solution, but hopefully it's temporary.

thank you very much matt

🇧🇷 ótima solução, mas espero que seja temporária.

Muito obrigado matt

Hey there @mphoa and @brun0_miguel, the Community profile menu issue should be now fixed!

You might need to clear your browser's cache if you don't see changes right away. If it still persists after that, do let us know in the dedicated Community Announcement. Hopefully though, it will be good news on your end 🤞

Cheers!

KaterinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

it still is not working for me.

Hi there @mphoa,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you confirm if you cleared you cache?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

It looks like this issue is still not fixed. I've been experiencing it too.

We will keep you updated once fixed.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

UPDATE: After several confirmations from people that had this issue, we believe this issue is now fixed. If you have this issue again in the future, just leave a reply in the thread.

Hey @mphoa @brun0_miguel 

Can you check to see if you are still having this issue with the Community?

We believe the issue was with the website cache. The website cache has been refreshed and we hope that the issue is now fixed. We will need people that had this issue to test it again and let us know. Thank you for your patience.

Please open up the Community website in an incognito window (sometimes called a private window) in your browser and see if you still have the same issue. I ask this because it could be that the browser has cached the old files and hasn't updated them yet. Opening an incognito (private window) loads fresh files.

Then try loading the Community in a normal browser window. If it works in incognito (private window), but not when opening a normal browser window, then try clearing your cache in the main browser window. When you go to clear browsing data in the settings, you only need to check the box that says "cached images and files" so that you can still keep your cookies and other data. It's best to keep your cookies and not clear them otherwise you will have to relogin again to every website you normally visit.

MattSudaSpotify Star

positive, now it's working as it should, I didn't even have to do all this described process. I can access notifications and messages normally. thank you very much for your attention!

🇧🇷positivo, agora está funcionando como deveria, nem precisei fazer todo esse processo descrito. Posso acessar notificações e mensagens normalmente. muito obrigado pela atenção!

@brun0_miguel 

Great to hear! 🙂

You're welcome!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts