Country

UAE

Device

(iPhone 6)

Operating System

(iOS 10,)

My Question or Issue

Good Afternoon,

I'm currently facing an issue with the crossfade function. it works properlyon my iphone 6, however when I use spotify connect to my KEF LS50 Wireless the crossfade function does not eliminate silence between tracks.

Is there any solution to fix it?

Thank you in advance for your support,

Anthony

15 Replies

Hey @AnthonyDubai.

Thanks for getting in touch!

There is some Playback settings that are disabled when streaming via Connect. Crossfade is one of them. Perhaps you could stream via Bluetooth as it would enable you to keep crossfade.

Hope this answers your question. Let us know if there is something we can do for you.

Have a nice day!

I echo the frustration of crossfade not working on connect devices.

yes we could Bluetooth tracks to the speaker, but then whats the point of having a smart speaker ?

can we see support for crossfading on connect devices please

I share in this frustration! It is extremely ridiculous that one is unable to crossfade on a smart TV.

what is the point then?

please kindly look into this! The complaint has been ongoing for over 3 years. These are little things that makes companies loose loyal customers. Don’t underestimate the importance pls.

Not a lot of innovation going on

Can we expect this feature somewhere in the near future? 😕

I agree. We have smart televisions all through the house and even in our recently constructed basement that serves as an entertainment spot for my family. We are so frustrated with the cross fade function not being available. It puts a damper on the party when there’s silence between songs. If we have to use our phones to use the cross fade function, what’s the purpose of even having a Spotify connect? 

WiFi streaming is far superior to Bluetooth but STILL no crossfade function. If I want it I have to use Bluetooth which makes WiFi streaming obsolete. Come on Spotify   you can,should be doing better! You make huge amounts of money. SORT IT OUT!

Hey folks,

Thanks for continuing to reply in this thread 🙂

We really appreciate your feedback, we know you want to make the best out of your listening experience. At the moment this is not possible, but we understand you want to see this implemented on the app.

That is why we’d like to remind you that you can still add your vote to this idea. Even though the status is set as 'Not right now' as there are no immediate plans to implement this, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected. We’d suggest adding your vote and subscribing to the idea to get notified as soon as we have any updates to share.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

komaan spotify !!!!  deze functie is wel degelijk een HOOFDfunctie !!!!

ik ben niets met enkel crossfaden via de speakers van de laptop...

hier sta ik dan met mijn sonos versterking....

de app is anders zo goed..... help ons om dit zo snel mogelijk te verhelpen aub !!!!!

How has Spotify not implemented this critical crossfade functionality? This is so incredibly frustrating. It's 2023. Are you kidding me? I've been a premium member for years but am seriously considering switching platforms so that crossfade will work when I cast to my Sonos system. Ridiculous.

incredible that this function is not available in 2023, I will leave Spotify because I listen on Sonos and it's just not possible.

This should absolutely be fixed ASAP. It causes problems with so many of the current speakers that people use, and in some cases you can't even choose to just play through Bluetooth since Spotify Connect is a feature that we are forced to use. Which caused me to return multiple speakers untill i found one that only barely worked, after much trouble.

For example Sonos One SL is useless if you want continous play without pauses, returned that one and tried a Harman Kardon Citation One MK3 and had the same issue. Had to jump through hoops to get that one working without Spotify Connect so I'm gonna return that one to.

This is ultimately Spotify's fault so the fact that you don't prioritize this should be a red flag for all of us who are paying for "premium" while seeing the service and support declining for each update you put out. The app just keeps getting worse, don't try to fix what isn't  really broke in the first place.

The service actually worked much better a couple of years ago so I can't wrap my head around why you constantly keep changing it for the worse. There's a reason why  people try to block updates and download the old versions of the app, and if you don't even acknowledge why then you are gonna lose a lot of customers.

Telling customers to just put in a whish for an change about an issue you don't even take serious shows that you really don't understand and/or care about the headaces that your app offers these days.

Hey. Sonos app does crossfade linked to Spotify. Did you not know this?

Yes but not on android TV spotify connect

I actually once switched from Tidal to Spotify mainly due to Tidal not having a crossfade function... Now I have a new hifi system with Spotify connect and neither do I have hifi quality on Spotify nor do I have crossfade. If these issues remain, I will need to get to another service again, although I really like Spotify. So, please find a solution for this.

Suggested posts