Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop Podcast Live Transcript

Stop Podcast Live Transcript

My Question or Issue

I clicked on Episode Transcript for an episode of one of my podcasts in order to check it out and see how it worked. After using it briefly I clicked the back arrow in the top left. Ever since I clicked on that I now have a live transcript on the track page for every podcast with the live transcript option rather than the static image of the podcast. I would like to turn this off but I am not able to find such an option. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 17.1.1

IMG_7758.jpg
62 Replies

I understand that it's a beta program, but why isn't there a simple on/off switch for this feature, the way there are for other functions of the app? Users shouldn't have to log out and log in twice to rid themselves of the transcript, especially since it doesn't work every time.

Same problem, started today (4/5/24)

iOS 17.3.1

Spotify 8.9.26.509

Same issue here

IOS 17.4.1

Spotify 8.9.26.509

The posted solution doesn't work. Are we being forced to help the platform test this feature? Can I change a setting or email someone to opt out of beta testing? I'm not happy with the majority of changes to the app over the last few years, and if this buggy feature doesn't send me packing, surely the next surprise beta test will. Please help. 

Same issue for me - extremely frustrating. All suggested workarounds failed. 

just updated Spotify app - iPhone 17.3.1 

This issue is still happening and is going to get me in a car accident

It went away on its own (I think), but then it reappeared. But then it disappeared again after a few days. What’s happening?

@Ivelina @eni Any updates on an actual fix? Again, the posted solution doesn't work. 

Same issue. It happens with some podcasts but not all. I find the text incredibly distracting. The clean reinstall did not work. Logging out twice seemed to help, but only until the next time I opened the app. 

IMG_1210.png
IMG_1215.png

Yall need to fix this. I want to see the episode art not the transcript. Make me able to turn it off. I don't like it.

I’m having the same issue on an iphone 17.2.1

I'm having the same problem since a few weeks. It's been reported for months and we still have no fix, it's ridiculous...

Same issue - extremely distracting- turned feature on to check it out but it’s ridiculous there’s no simple option to turn it off again !!!

Hey folks,

Thanks for the new replies!

Could you also provide the following info (if you haven't already):

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yeah, the issue seems intermittent without any particular logic. I listened to a podcast yesterday where the transcription was enabled (not by me btw), but today it's suddenly gone! Weird.

IOS: 17.4.1
Spotify: 8.9.32.585

Thanks for jumping in. I submitted version info in my original reply to this thread, but noticed it's changed since then... new version, no fix? Ouch. Here's the new one:

spotify ver. 8.9.34.567

iOS ver. 17.4.1

iphone 15

Just updated to 8.9.34.567, let’s see if this might change things..

Thanks for the info folks! We've resurfaced this with our tech team and will keep you posted as soon as we have any new info to share.

Cheers 🤘

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hate Hate HATE the live transcript!! No way to turn it off despite Spotify's instructions (Fake Instructions!). If I'd known about the obnoxious, distracting forced live transcripts, I'd NEVER have updated the app! This longtime Spotify user and podcasts lover hates it so much, I will be turning to other platforms. Thanks for nothing, Spotify! GRRRRR   

ios 15.8.2

Spotify 8.9.34

Please spotify give us a button to disable the Read Along Beta. The Podcasts I Iisten to on my new iphone I cant see the podcast picture. In the position where normally the picture was shown of the Podcast above the play button I get only to see a copy of the text of Read Along Beta. And its so annoying that I even think about cancelling my Premium account and change to an alternative. Read along beta is so bad in transcribing Podcasts. And I want to listen to the words and not read wrongly trancribed text. Please give us the option to turn of this**bleep** idea. So many on reddit hate this function it‘s unbelievable you still invest in this. 

Suggested posts