Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop Podcast Live Transcript

Stop Podcast Live Transcript

My Question or Issue

I clicked on Episode Transcript for an episode of one of my podcasts in order to check it out and see how it worked. After using it briefly I clicked the back arrow in the top left. Ever since I clicked on that I now have a live transcript on the track page for every podcast with the live transcript option rather than the static image of the podcast. I would like to turn this off but I am not able to find such an option. 

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System

iOS 17.1.1

IMG_7758.jpg
Top Answer
Yordan

Thanks for the info folks! We've resurfaced this with our tech team and will keep you posted as soon as we have any new info to share.

Cheers 🤘

70 Replies

Hey there @mcolon1993

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community! 

First up, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in twice in a row. This will trigger a sync between your account and device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I’m having the same issue.  The clean install doesn’t do anything and the logging out/in works until the app closes.  Once it reopens, the issue pops back up.  Not sure what’s causing it or why it randomly popped up out of no where. 

Welcome to the thread, @Areluoes.

Have you by any chance tried on a different device and does the same thing happen there as well? Are you also using an iPhone? Does it happen with multiple podcasts or specific one(s)?

It's also worth checking if it's an account-related issue so if possible, please log into a friend's or a relative's Spotify account on your device to see if there'll be any change.

Keep us in the loop 🙂

IvelinaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi, thanks for the response.

I’m using an iPhone like the OP but a different model - the iPhone XR.  When I logged into a free account, the issue didn’t pop up.  I’m currently on a premium plan and it has showed up across multiple podcasts.

Thanks for your help.  

Hey again folks,

So we can send this over to the tech team to investigate, we'll need some more info.

@Areluoes could you send us your iOS-version, as well as the Spotify-version you're running?

@mcolon1993 could you also include the Spotify-version?

Thanks!

IvelinaModerator

iOS - 17.2.1

Spotify - 8.9.10.606

I’m running the same iOS and Spotify as Arelueos and mine is doing the same thing. It’s not every podcast but some of them and I put my phone in a holder next to my steering wheel so the moving text is extremely distracting while I’m driving and I cannot get it to turn off. 

Appreciate the info @Areluoes and @ShanRain!

We've let the right folks know about this issue and they'll be investigating further. Hopefully we have a fix soon, but until then you can keep an eye on this thread for more details.

Have a good one 🙂

IvelinaModerator

Howdy folks, same issue here. iOS 17.1.2 (NOT 17.2.1), Spotify 8.9.10.606. Looking forward to more info! Thanks.

Same issue - looking for help.

It seems the last update fixed it.  I’m not having the same issues anymore.  Thanks for your help. 

Somehow this problem just popped up for me, already updated the app, logging it in and out and still nothing. 

Same issue. 
IOS 17.4.1

Spotify 8.9.19.571

I am still having this issue. I’ve re-installed the app. Cleaned caches. The problem still persists. Give us an option to disable podcast transcript. 

Well for some reason the issue is back

iOS 17.3.1

Spotify 8.9.19.571

Hi there, I’m also experiencing the same issue. Using IOS 17.3.1, Spotify version 8.9.19. Looking forward to having this resolved. Thank you in advance! 

Experienced the same issue on iOS 17.4.1 and Spotify version 8.9.19

Logging out and then back in once solved the issue for me (I restarted my phone before this, but that didn't change anything)

Logging in and out twice or clean installing the app are NOT solutions. They are workarounds for a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place as there should be a clear option to enable and disable this feature. It's in the same class as needing to kill and restart the app to refresh the new episodes list: bad development and implementation. Consider my subscription cancelled. I'll get used to having my podcasts and music in separate apps, but with proper bitrate music, thanks and goodbye.

Same issue on ios 17.4.1

never enabled it. Please support to get it turned off.

Suggested posts