Announcements

Does Wrapped count Desktop app's listening data?

Solved!

Does Wrapped count Desktop app's listening data?

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am using both my Desktop and my phone. I am getting every year the Wrapped thing. By reading previous topics, I know that you can't play the Wrapped on the Desktop App, But does it count the Desktop App's listening data?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @FESFEW,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Yes, the stats and “Your Top Songs” playlist from Wrapped count streams from all platforms, including the desktop app—as long as you were logged in to the same Spotify account and didn’t have Private Session turned on (Private Session streams only count towards the “minutes listened” Wrapped stat).

You can also check out a Community Moderator’s reply to this similar thread from last year, and feel free as well to read this FAQ article for more information about how Wrapped works. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

TreyAnastasioSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @FESFEW,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Yes, the stats and “Your Top Songs” playlist from Wrapped count streams from all platforms, including the desktop app—as long as you were logged in to the same Spotify account and didn’t have Private Session turned on (Private Session streams only count towards the “minutes listened” Wrapped stat).

You can also check out a Community Moderator’s reply to this similar thread from last year, and feel free as well to read this FAQ article for more information about how Wrapped works. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

TreyAnastasioSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts