Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Does Wrapped count Desktop app's listening data?

Solved!

Does Wrapped count Desktop app's listening data?

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I am using both my Desktop and my phone. I am getting every year the Wrapped thing. By reading previous topics, I know that you can't play the Wrapped on the Desktop App, But does it count the Desktop App's listening data?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @FESFEW,

Thanks for posting in the Spotify Community, and welcome!

Yes, the stats and “Your Top Songs” playlist from Wrapped count streams from all platforms, including the desktop app—as long as you were logged in to the same Spotify account and didn’t have Private Session turned on (Private Session streams only count towards the “minutes listened” Wrapped stat).

You can also check out a Community Moderator’s reply to this similar thread from last year, and feel free as well to read this FAQ article for more information about how Wrapped works. 

Let me know if you have any other questions, and have a good day!

AdamDamSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @FESFEW,

Yes, the stats and “Your Top Songs” playlist from Wrapped count streams from all platforms, including the desktop app—as long as you were logged in to the same Spotify account and didn’t have Private Session turned on (Private Session streams only count towards the “minutes listened” Wrapped stat).

You can also check out a Community Moderator’s reply to this similar thread from last year, and feel free as well to read this FAQ article for more information about how Wrapped works. 

AdamDamSpotify Star

Does this include listening to spotify on the web player and not actually downloading the desktop app?

Hi @T619,

Yes, I can confirm that streams from the web player count towards your Wrapped stats and your “Your Top Songs” playlist.

AdamDamSpotify Star

How do we know if we have "Private Session" on?

Hi @Ggiomelakis,

Private Session is a feature that you can switch to “on” while using the desktop or mobile app, pausing your listening activity so that it won’t appear in the desktop Friend Activity feeds of other Spotify users who follow you. Private Session also prevents songs that you listen to during the Private Session from being used to personalize playlists Made For You. Note that you have to start a Private Session on Spotify yourself (it won’t switch on automatically). 

On the mobile app, you can see if you have Private Session on by tapping the Home icon, selecting Settings, and then under Social, checking whether Private Session is toggled to “green” (on) or “gray” (off). You can turn Private Session on or off at any time this way in Settings while using the mobile app.

On the desktop app, you can see if you have a Private Session on by looking at your profile picture at the top-right corner of the screen. A blue padlock icon next to your profile picture means that Private Session is on. You can click your profile picture and select (or de-select) Private Session at any time while using the desktop app to turn this feature on or off.

Feel free to check out this FAQ article about Private Session (it includes some relevant screenshots that also might be helpful), as well as this related support site article.

AdamDamSpotify Star

so if we have ''Private Session'' of all the music and the artist that we have listened to from the deskopt app all year will be included in our ''Top Songs'' playlist, to our top artist classification and to our wrapped in general?

Hi @Ggiomelakis,

Thank you for your reply!

Private Sessions only contribute to the total minutes listened stat, and no other data story in Wrapped.

Also, offline listens count toward Wrapped when you go back online, so you should go online if you’d like to see the songs you’ve been listening to in your Your Top Songs playlist.

AdamDamSpotify Star

Suggested posts