Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Echo Dots missing in Spotify in app Cast To Device for under family accounts

Echo Dots missing in Spotify in app Cast To Device for under family accounts

Plan

Premium Family

Country

US

Device

web, Samsung Galaxy 9, Samsung Galaxy 10, iPhone 8, Echo Dot 2, Echo Dot 3, Echo Show

Operating System

iOS 10, Android , Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Spotify Family Primary account: Spotify-A

Amazon Alexa linked for voice using Amazon-A

Log into Spotify App as Spotify-A, play song, select "Devices Available" or "Connect to a Device" and all the Echo devices are listed in the Spotify App.

Now log into Spotify Family account: Spotify-B

Open Spotify App, select Connect to a Device, no Echo devices are listed.

How do I log into the Spotify App with a 2nd account and have all the Echo devices appear? Most of my Spotify family accounts do not have Amazon accounts.

I don't want or care to set up voice commands, but I want to be able to select the devices in the Spotify app.

Note that a Google Home device shows up for all in-App Spotify family accounts.

4 Replies

Exactly the same problem here... just moved from a Google Home and not satisfied with the Alexa casting... one workaround is to say “Alexa, connect Spotify” and that specific Echo will be available to “pair” within user B’s Spotify app. Terrible solution as compared to Google’s though...

Hey there @benjaminhoong

Thanks for reaching out.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we can see how that can be a handy feature. You can leave your +Vote here if you'd like to see the option to connect multiple Spotify accounts to one Amazon account and be able to use voice commands and see the speakers in the Connect picker.

You can take a look here to see what you can do currently to have multiple accounts connected to your Alexa speakers.

If you're interested in how ideas work and how your feedback reaches the right teams here, check this page out.

Let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. We'd be happy to help.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi there, you've probably resolved this issue since 2020. Does the Echo show up along Google devices now when casting??

It doesn't I'm afraid, still need to say 'Alexa, connect Spotify' for it to show!

Suggested posts