Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Enable player in your browser

Enable player in your browser

i keep getting this error when using Chrome v. 51.0.2704.106

not sure why, but even after doing the "Protected Content fix" it is still unable to launch the web player.

any thoughts?

13 Replies

Hey @njfastlife!

Can you try deleting the cache and cookies on your browser or opening the web player with an incognito window?

Let us know if this helps. 

I am also having issues with the web player. It just loads a dark-grey screen. I've tried clearing the cache and cookies and also incognito mode. Looking at the JavaScript console the following error has occurred:

Error: Unexpected empty response.  web-player.bbc58186.js:1:911172

I'm running Firefox 55.0.3 (32-bit) on Windows 10 (64-bit) if that helps.

@JuanSebastian wrote:

Hey @njfastlife!

Can you try deleting the cache and cookies on your browser or opening the web player with an incognito window?

@ unfortunately neither of those solutions worked. 

i am all ears for another. 

Same problem here. Everything is enabled, but no Spotify. SRWare Iron.

@JuanSebastian wrote:

Hey @njfastlife!

your solution didn't work.

bump.

Got the same error here. Spotify keeps getting Error 4 using standard DNS, and using Googl's I get Error 2 instead. Now using the web player, I've tried giving full permissions to the open.spotify.com-website with plugins and all but I still get the same screen with "Enable Spotify in your browser". Obviously their support site is **bleep** and have only a single solution that doesn't even have to do with the screen you get, since that is for "If you get the message: Playback of protected content is not enabled". No idea why you even get directed their from the screen we're getting.

Why is nobody of the Spotify responsibles reacting to this topic?

bump

I can not enable web player in chrome either and I am guessing it is because chrome has removed our ability to even get into plug ins. I am technologically impaired but so far what I understand is chrome and firefox have complete control now over plugins. There is no way to add spotify to plugins so even those of us who are paying premium can not enable the web player. I've tried everything. "THEY" decide on what we can and can not do. "They" always have. Same Day Same @hit.  I am NOT going to let this wreck another minute of my day. Still can use Spotify and many other great sourses of music so to heck with it. It doesn't take much for some of us to fall into the deep dark hole of depression. I refuse to let this kind of cr@p ruin my day. If anyone figures out a solution (perhaps Spotify,aha ha ha) I'll be thrilled. Today is just another day down the rabbit hole. Peace to ALL - and remember...Illegitimi non carborundum!

Not long ago, I went back to Firefox, and in Firefox the webplayer works again.

I am using Chrome and get the same prompt to "Enable player in browser", but there seems to be no way to do this.

I'm only resorting to the web player as the Windows app is unlistenable since a recent update - it plays fine for around 80 seconds, then starts cutting out every few seconds. Pausing it and then pressing play gives me another 80 seconds... and so on forever.

It's a real shame, as the one thing I've always admired about Spotify is that, no matter what machine, it just worked. No longer true, unfortunately.

just use internet explorer it works fine,,Chrome is the problem

Chrome is the most used browser. So, you cannot say: "Chrome is the problem". (I don't use it myself).

Definitely the Spotify Team is the problem, because they just ignore us.

Suggested posts