Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Global podcast listener metric does not equal the sum of each episode

Global podcast listener metric does not equal the sum of each episode

Hi everyone,
I am lost with Spotify audience metrics 😅
The number of listeners displayed globally (under the name and the logo) is 4 times bigger than the sum of the listeners of each episode 🤔.Does anyone have an explanation for it?

Plus I am 100% sure that some listeners / episode are missing. How can I have it corrected? Is there some hidden settings I missed? 
Many thanks to all fellow-podcasters!
Gaël

6 Replies

Hi there @GaelDuez,

Thank you for taking the time to post here in the Community.

You can get more information on how this works here.

If you have any further questions regarding this, feel free to reach out for help on the same page.

Have a great continued day 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for pointing out this resource. I already had had a comprehensive look at these pages. However I missed the "Submit a request" button. Because my issue is not how the data is calculated but the discrepency between what is displayed episode per episode and the total sum.
thanks again

Hey @GaelDuez,

Thanks for your swift response.

We still believe that the episode per episode listeners count is not meant to match the global listeners of a show that are shown on its cover. Exactly as you mentioned, different episodes get uploaded or removed from the platform on a daily basis and so those numbers might not aggregate/update in real time. Aslo sometimes listeners could have played certain episodes, without following the actual podcast show, so this doesn't count them as official listeners.

Hope this is useful info. But if you're a podcaster who needs more specific information and details for listeners, then just contact the specialized team as @Jeremy has suggested.

Give us a shout if you have any further questions.

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Kiril,

I reached out the specialized team for a better understanding. I agree with you that these numbers cannot match exactly but I still find hard to understand that the difference is a factor 4. My show hasn't had episodes being removed so the total number of listeners should have the same number of listeners than the one per episode or less (to skip double counting and more). But not more...
I'll see what the support team will tell me 🙂

Many thanks for the time taken answering my question

The link you posted in the "here" space is broken. Is there a new location to share? Trying to understand the metrics better, but downloads aren't a tracked podcast analytic, so I'm searching for help.

Hey @mcgeelp,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, you can check out this article to better understand your podcast analytics. Nevertheless, as mentioned above, if you need more thorough assistance, the best way to go would be to get in touch with our Spotify for Podcasters team. You can find out how to contact them here.

We hope you found this helpful. We're always here to help.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts