Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Group Sessions

Group Sessions

Group sessions doesn’t work

I have been trying to use the group sessions function with my SO and simply doesn’t work.

When I create the session, they join, and when I press play on any song the other person automatically gets kicked out of the session and I only shows the message “user has left the session”

We have tried the other way around also, I join their session and when they play a song it’s a song they were listening 1/2 hours earlier and not the one playing at the moment 

We both have tried: logging in/out, deleting and downloading spotify again and also clearing the spotify cache on both of our devices

The only difference we have is in our IOS system, Im on IOS 15 and they are on IOS 14. I don’t think this makes much difference because we used to use group sessions and It worked perfectly and we were also in different versions

This has been annoying me for 2 months is there and way to solve this? 

1 Reply

Hi @badaro15,

I was unable to reproduce this on my end, using two android devices, and an android + an iOS device. Could either one of you try logging in to another device (a friend's or a relative's should do the trick) to see if you'd still experience the same behavior? Also, does this occur when you create the group session, but the other person initiates the playback?

It's worth logging out and signing back in twice in a row as it triggers an internal refresh which may help here. If you're using VPN, try disabling it temporarily as well.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts