Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

High pitched squeaky glitch noises in songs

High pitched squeaky glitch noises in songs

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Browser

Firefox Quantum 68.0.2 (64-bit)

My Question or Issue

I'm writing this in the hopes someone else has encountered this problem and found a solution, although it's unlikely, as I've only found one other person who had it happen and they didn't get it resolved.

Basically, whenever I listen to certain songs, at a certain point in them, a high pitched squeak will play. For example at 0:56 on "Fire" in "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown", it happens, and if I go back to the spot, it will repeatedly happen every single time.

I've listed my browser as I believe that to be the cause. I've tried listening to the same songs I tested this with on google chrome and internet explorer, and it didn't happen, I've tried using apps on mobile devices, and it didn't happen, and I've tried all of these means of playing songs with several different pairs of headphones, and I get the same results on all pairs, the glitch only happens on Firefox, on certain songs.

7 Replies

Hello!

Can you try listening to that song using Incognito Mode? Let me know if it stills happens.

Keep me posted and have a nice day!

Jose_MSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yeah, I tried that and it still plays the glitch noise at the same time, 0:56

Hello @GlitchyNoiso!

It sounds like this issue might have something to do with your browser extensions. Can you let me know if the problem still happens when you (temporarily) disable all extentions? If you then reactivate the extentions one by one you could find out which extention is causing this.

Thanks!

Jose_MSpotify Star

No that hasn't helped at all, I disabled all of my firefox extensions and it's still happening on the same songs at the same points.

Hello!

Can you try clearing your cache and cookies and updating your browser to the latest version?

Thank you 🙂

Jose_MSpotify Star

I'm having the same issue I noticed it about 2 days ago some songs would have a squeak at certain lines or lyrics

But driving today notice the song and it also had a squeak and it was on the radio...

I do not listen to songs loud now or in the past.

But maybe it's biological change?

Hey @KoreaRiceBox 

Please share song links to the songs this happens in, I would love to take a look 🙂

I'm not sure if it's a biological change as much as it is being tuned to notice those things. I'm very alert at every "audio dropout" noise i hear in music ever since i had sound issues on Windows... : )

SebastySpotify Star

Suggested posts