Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How can i DJ at a Party using spotify?

Solved!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'd just like to qualify that. Using Spotify at a party is fine, as long as it is a private party.

Even if the party is in a rented space, as long as the party is "private" and you are not acting as a paid, professional DJ, then you are OK.

The technical details of DJ'ing with Spotify are different. You would need two separate installations of Spotify to be able to mix. For this, you would need to use two separate Spotify accounts.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

I'm afraid this is against our Terms and Conditions. Spotify is for personal use only. We can't help you out here.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

I'd just like to qualify that. Using Spotify at a party is fine, as long as it is a private party.

Even if the party is in a rented space, as long as the party is "private" and you are not acting as a paid, professional DJ, then you are OK.

The technical details of DJ'ing with Spotify are different. You would need two separate installations of Spotify to be able to mix. For this, you would need to use two separate Spotify accounts.

I've set up two separate Spotify accounts, but how do I install a second separate installation of spotify? When I attempt to download again, it asks if I'd like to overwrite the existing installation.

Spotify won't allow you to execute the programm more then once on your computer so maybe use 2 laptops with a mixer. It should work but you lack so many features like queueing, pitch, using a wheel to get your beats straight (which without the pitch makes crossovers virtually impossible).

Just invest in music bought and use Serato Itch together with Numarks v7 turntables.

If it is a Halloween party, just put on this playlist and go have fun! 😉  Maybe adjust the fader to fade in/out at 2 seconds to cut down any dead air, but otherwise you're good to go.  Sure will be nice when Spotify does what I have been preaching for the last year and features playlists created by actual professionals.  :rolls zombie eyes:

My Halloween party is better than yours!

-------------------------------------
The Stream Lab is a guide for streaming music festivals, concerts, clubs, and DJs. Watch as it happens live from around the globe, FREE! We also have a kick-ass Spotify profile!

Hey Sam

I'm having a BBQ at my house today 

I have spotiy premium, but I am currently using the free trial, I don't have to pay till nex weekt.

Am I still able to use it for my own persnal event or is this against any policy?

I'm not being paid or anything as a D.J

@KeithCruz wrote:

Hey Sam

I'm having a BBQ at my house today 

I have spotiy premium, but I am currently using the free trial, I don't have to pay till nex weekt.

Am I still able to use it for my own persnal event or is this against any policy?

I'm not being paid or anything as a D.J

You should be sweet, go and enjoy the sunshine and your BBQ 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

There's an app available for mobile and desktop/laptop devices called Djay 2 by Algoriddim that allows you to mix songs live with one Spotify account.  There are even hardware controllers available for it.  I realize this is an old post, but (for any future reference) anyone interested should definitely check it out.

In the futre would their be a chance that people could use Spotify as a platform for DJing in public, i would be more that happy to pay more money to do so because of the variation of music on Spotify.

What if it’s a bunch of friends chilling? And/or if they all have spotify? Is there like a certain number of people starting from which it’s officially illegal? And does the same apply to all countries?

Suggested posts