Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to connect Spotify to my stereo?

Solved!

How to connect Spotify to my stereo?

After many years with Rdio, I've signed up with Spotify a few days ago.  I now have Spotify player on my desktop, and also Spotify app on my iPad.  There's one neat feature of Rdio that I really like, and I would like to know if it's avaliable in Spotify.  The feature is that I can use my desktop to control what is being played on the iPad.  Basically, I want to connect my iPad to my stereo (wired,  not wireless).  Then I want to use my desktop to choose songs that is played on the iPad.  In other words, I want to use my desktop as a remote control for my iPad so that I can hear those songs on my stereo.  is this possible?  If so, can you let me know how?

As a related question, with Rdio, if I'm playing songs on my desktop and then open the Rdio app on my iPad, the app will immediately recognize that the music is already being played on my desktop and so will ask if I want to switch my playing to iPad.  Does Spotify have this feature?  

Thanks. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @shallowguy,

You can use Spotify Connect for that. When you have the app running on the iPad, you should be able to select the iPad via the speaker icon to the left of the volume slider. 

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @shallowguy,

You can use Spotify Connect for that. When you have the app running on the iPad, you should be able to select the iPad via the speaker icon to the left of the volume slider. 

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Thanks for your reply.  I got it to work now.  In fact, I've also discoered another way to connect the desktop to the receiver.  The receiver must already have Spotify Connect built in.  It shows up in the list of where I want to play music on.  Thanks again.  

Suggested posts