Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to disable Spotify Connect?

Solved!

How to disable Spotify Connect?

I hate it. I want be able to play different music on my phone and on my computer simultaneously. I have no need, nor desire, to remote control my computer with my phone...pffft. Is there a way to disable this feature and play music on my phone and computer simultaneously?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @rapidcycler and welcome to the Community! 🙂
There's currently no option to disable Spotify connect. It's also not possible to stream different music on the same account/different devices that I know of - at least not online.
One way you could play separate music simultaneously would be to have one device online and streaming while the other is offline/playing from a downloaded playlist (Premium only).
Hope this helps and have a great day! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @rapidcycler and welcome to the Community! 🙂
There's currently no option to disable Spotify connect. It's also not possible to stream different music on the same account/different devices that I know of - at least not online.
One way you could play separate music simultaneously would be to have one device online and streaming while the other is offline/playing from a downloaded playlist (Premium only).
Hope this helps and have a great day! 🙂

I had thought of creating another account, I have family premium, and using different accounts on different devices, but that's a logistical nightmare,really. Your answer works and is very simple. It lets me leave music playing on my computer at home as well as listen to tunes in the car for my commute.

Thanks!

Great! I’m glad this will work out for you! 🙂 

Suggested posts