Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to get clean versions of songs on mobile?

Solved!

How to get clean versions of songs on mobile?

I can't seem to find the clean versions of some songs. Idk if some songs don't have a clean version or what, but I can't find them.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @mariofan100 and welcome to the community 🙂

Some tracks don't have a clean version - or some do, but the record company doesn't upload them. However, it is also possible that there is a clean version but it has the same track name and is linked to the dirty track. On the desktop clients these tracks can be accessed by clicking the chain mark, but there is no way to access them via the mobile clients.

Liam

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

33 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @mariofan100 and welcome to the community 🙂

Some tracks don't have a clean version - or some do, but the record company doesn't upload them. However, it is also possible that there is a clean version but it has the same track name and is linked to the dirty track. On the desktop clients these tracks can be accessed by clicking the chain mark, but there is no way to access them via the mobile clients.

Liam

This is a long discussed issue, it is down to how the mobile app lacks the "other releases" functionality that the desktop app has outlined here:
https://support.spotify.com/problems/#!/article/Content-censor

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

What is the chain mark?

Think someone answered this, but doesnt seem easy on mobile. Here is how I do this on desktop.

Look for a song or album, click the track, then look down underneath the result on the right side for this: 

Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 10.08.16 AM.png

Click on it, it will take you to another version of the album or track. You will see a tag next to the title that says 'explicit' or the lack of said title.

Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 10.12.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 10.12.22 AM.png

VERY subtle but this will help you find kid/work party safe tracks.  

How can I switch between album with clean and dirty lyrics in iPhone app?

Is the explicit version the clean one or the dirty one??

@1232826560 the dirty one

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

how do u become a desktop client? how does that work?

Hey @fil2,

'Desktop client' refers to the app you use in computers (Windows, Mac), while 'Mobile client' refers to the app used in phones and tablets (iOS, Android).

You don't become one, it's just to differentiate which app you are talking about.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Me too

This is very frustrating. We parents would like clean versions on mobile. I am not taking my laptop in the car just to listen to clean versions on Spotify. Please fix this. I would hate to switch back to Apple Music - but their clean versions are easy to access on mobile. 

ex·plic·it
ikˈsplisit/Submit
adjective
stated clearly and in detail, leaving no room for confusion or doubt.
"the speaker's intentions were not made explicit"
synonyms: clear, plain, straightforward, crystal clear, easily understandable

this is only a link for the deskop app - we need something for the mobile app - my daughter knows if she listens to songs that are explicit i will stop paying for her spotify/phone, so she really wants to hear stuff that is clean but it isn't easy.  There is no parental control blocking stuff and no way to see the other versions...

Dirty

I can't believe that people have been asking for this feature for *3* years, and Spotify hasnt added it. We aren't talking rocket science here.

If you download clean version on desktop, is it then available on the mobile app?

You can look for the song without the explicit symbol on the cover of album

How to change my settings to the clean version???

As of today 4-7-17, have Spotify provided an updated to the mobile device version to only play None Explicit music???

Suggested posts