Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to share based on email address or spotify userid

How to share based on email address or spotify userid

It seems like I can't share a playlist/track to someone by their email address or spotify userid. Using Mac desktop client 0.9.14.13, I do "share", and then "send to...". If I type a spotify userid it says "sorry, no results could be found". If I type an email address it just disappears. I'm on versio. Similar on previous versions, on the Android client, and all other versions I've seen.

It seems like a very obvious use case, I see friends stumble over it quite often. On the FAQ it even says you should be able to share to a spotify userid under "send to".

Screen Shot 2015-01-12 at 13.43.52.png
2 Replies

@hkniberg wrote:

It seems like I can't share a playlist/track to someone by their email address or spotify userid. Using Mac desktop client 0.9.14.13, I do "share", and then "send to...". If I type a spotify userid it says "sorry, no results could be found". If I type an email address it just disappears. I'm on versio. Similar on previous versions, on the Android client, and all other versions I've seen.

It seems like a very obvious use case, I see friends stumble over it quite often. On the FAQ it even says you should be able to share to a spotify userid under "send to".

Hey 

I have this same problem, with windows app, android app, every app i use. Its not about the app, there is somthing wrong with the system.

I have many friends, but i only can shere to two of them 😞 

Suggested posts