Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How to tell if a Spotify code is for a playlist or just one song

Solved!

How to tell if a Spotify code is for a playlist or just one song

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Galaxy A52 5G

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

How do I tell if a Spotify code is for just one individual song, or for a playlist that was created by someone? I have a code, and when I scan it, one song is featured toward the top, but then below, I see "shuffled with" followed by several more songs I can scroll through if I hit "and more."

Are the "shuffled with" songs the playlist that someone put together and is being shared? Or are the "shuffled with" songs just some recommendations that Spotify is automatically generating from a single song embedded in the Spotify code?

Any clarification is much appreciated - thanks!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Yoshata,

Thanks for clarifying!

The shuffled with section appears when you scan a code that leads to an individual track. Since you mentioned that you're on Free, all tracks under that section were added by the Spotify app itself as the Free version does not support on-demand listening, only shuffle-play. So the app shows you the song and the artist, but hitting play will actually cause the app to create a small playlist based on that song and to play a random one instead.

If a Premium user scans a code for a track, it will play directly.

If you were to scan a code for a playlist, you'd instead see the playlist's name and author as well as some of the tracks in it. In case the playlist has less than 15 tracks, you'll see the following sections:

• *The author's name* has added: these tracks were added by the user who created the playlist.
  • We have added: these tracks were automatically added by the Spotify app.

Once again, you can only shuffle-play the playlist, as you're on Free. Premium users would see the full contents of the playlist.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any additional questions about this, feel free to reach out to the Community again, or get in touch with the folks over at spotifycodes@spotify.com.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey! How are you? Welcome to our community! Spotify Codes can be created for artist profiles, brand profiles, playlists, albums and songs. If there is a Spotify URI, you can generate a Spotify code. Usually it points to the purpose for which it was created. But if you still have any doubts, you can access the official Spotify codes website at this link: https://spotifycodes.com/# or send an email to: spotifycodes@spotify.com . I hope I helped you. A big hug and a great week!

Hi, I'm great, thank you! I see what you're saying. But, what I'm mainly curious about is how to tell whether a code represents a single song or a playlist that someone is sharing.

For example, any time I scan a code for a single song, I still see several songs that are available to shuffle along with it, so it's hard to tell whether a code represents a playlist that a human put together or a single song chosen by someone with auto-generated recommended songs thrown into a list by the app.

Mainly it's because I received a code as part of something I got in the mail, and I just want to see whether the person put together a whole playlist or if she chose just one song and the rest are auto-generated by the app.

But you mentioned I can email the Spotify codes website. Could they look into a code for me to see?

Hopefully that clarifies my question. 🙂 Thanks!

Marked as solution

Hi @Yoshata,

Thanks for clarifying!

The shuffled with section appears when you scan a code that leads to an individual track. Since you mentioned that you're on Free, all tracks under that section were added by the Spotify app itself as the Free version does not support on-demand listening, only shuffle-play. So the app shows you the song and the artist, but hitting play will actually cause the app to create a small playlist based on that song and to play a random one instead.

If a Premium user scans a code for a track, it will play directly.

If you were to scan a code for a playlist, you'd instead see the playlist's name and author as well as some of the tracks in it. In case the playlist has less than 15 tracks, you'll see the following sections:

• *The author's name* has added: these tracks were added by the user who created the playlist.
  • We have added: these tracks were automatically added by the Spotify app.

Once again, you can only shuffle-play the playlist, as you're on Free. Premium users would see the full contents of the playlist.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any additional questions about this, feel free to reach out to the Community again, or get in touch with the folks over at spotifycodes@spotify.com.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Ah, that clears it up! Thank you so much!!

Hey @Yoshata,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

We’re happy to know everything is clear now. Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need us again.

If anything else comes up, the Community will always be here for you.

Take care!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts